open pores on a 6 year old boy
My son is 6 years old. Just recently the pores on his nose opened. They are not clogged, but it is just strange to see it on a child. I though that is something we normally see on teenagers or adults, but not on a little boy. It surely doesn't look very good. Is that very unusual or did somebody face that before?  
The problem of enlarged pores on face or facial pores is commonly associated with excessive oiliness and acne. The excessive oiliness of the skin is in turn triggered by the hormonal changes in the body.

Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels but they are not usually advised in a 6 year old boy.

In my opinion you should discuss these treatment options with a cosmetologist/dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your comment. He does not have oily skin or acne. His skin is nice and clear. I am looking at his dad's nose and he has big open pores all over his nose too. So, don't you think it could be just genes? Although why would they open up so early?