Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
pain, peeling & fissures all finger tips
About 10 months ago I began to develop pain and cracking of fingertips.  It feels like my fingers are on hot buners most of the time, the skin gets thick and peels but I don't peel it because it is around a fissure usually.  I have trouble using my hands to do anything. I am so frustrated.  Have bought a parafin wax bath, that gives only temp relief.  about 2 months ago I had a sinus infection and was put on Clarithromycin and about 2 days into tx my hands cleared up!  3 days after the antibiotic ended, the fissures appeared again overnight.  I have been to a dermatologist, tried several creams & foams for psoriosis, but not helpful,  burned even more.  Finally put on Predinisone decreasing doses and it slowly got better but 1 week after tx over, back with a vengence.  I want to cut off my fingertips,  I can't sleep, can't do anything, it is killing me to type.  Dr doesn't seem to know what it is.  It did help to put Triple anitibiotic cream on once I was taking the Prednisone.  I am now back on Prednisone, have been for 1 week and it is just starting to get a little better.  Water, cold, heat, pressure causes pain,  the tips get red and swollen when not taking Prednisone.  I have to keep my finger tips bent into my palm to help protect them. I am getting depressed over this.  I do think it began secondary to a very stressful time I was having with my parents being ill and my marriage on the rocks, but now things are better but I can't get rid of this.  
Cancel
0 Answers
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank