painful armpit rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

painful armpit rash

About 4 and a half to 5 years ago I developed a rash under the arms that became infected. I continued getting infections in different places after that, mostly the legs and under the arms. The doctors couldn't tell me specifically what it was and the antibiotics they prescribed didn't do alot of good. It eventually went away on it's own but i would still get small infections once in a while. a year or so after this incident, I joined the military. While at bootcamp, I had a bad case of cellulitis in my knee and they gave me several different types of antibiotics and an IV full of antibiotics that knocked it out of me fairly quickly. during my entire time in the military, I never contracted any kind of similar condition with infections or rashes. I just recently got out and I returned home almost 2 months ago. Several days ago I developed a painful, scaly rash in my armpit and over the past few days i have gotten them on the other armpit as well. I'm not sure that it's the same thing as before, and either way I have no clue what it is or how to treat it. It hasn't become swollen or infected like it did years ago. It's just a dry, scaly rash about the size of a nickel and then there are a few smaller patches around it as well. Any insight you can give me on this condition would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
It could be heat rashor eczema.Both these conditions can cause painful,itchy bumps.
Skin rash due to hot and humid weather is heat rash. Eczema is a type of contact dermatitis- allergic re-action due to contact with an irritant.
Keep the cool,clean and dry.
You could corticosteroid ointment on the affected area.

Keep the cool,clean and dry.

It could also be sebborhoic dermatitis for which application of anti-biotic cream will suffice.
thank you for the info. i will try both treatments and see what happens.