Dermatology Community
painful blisters on fingers
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

painful blisters on fingers

I have had this happen for my whole life. There small blisters on my fingers that are hot,painful, and non-itchy.They only appear during the winter and only every few years. Any please help? I've heard It could be a form of herpes.
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
From your symptoms herpetic whitlow should be ruled out. The other possibility is of pompholyx. Herpetic whitlow is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails and is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank
Caryopteris