Dermatology Community
painful lesions with puss
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

painful lesions with puss

for quite a few years i have had problems with getting lesions, (only in hot areas, armpits, inner thighs, under breasts, and on front of pelvic area where you typically shave.)   now these bumps start as a red blotch, raised and very hard.  after a few days it will get softer, and it will start to look purplish.  Now if i pop them, i actually get a extremely thick discharge like the consistancy of ketchup (if that makes sense) and it will usually be yellowish/green.  almost identical as if you had a sinus infection, and the mucus you cough up, that color.  when i get these, the surrounding area will be red and hot and very painful.  does anyone have any idea on what this could possibly be? i have been told ingrown hair folicles, to cellulitus.  no antibiotic or topical cream has worked yet.  and mind you this is very embarrassing showing my genital area to my other half. please respond back.
Related Discussions
  • rash (1 replies):
    i have a rash under my arms and around my groinle region...[more]
  • rash (2 replies):
    what will cuase a resh on the inner thighs?
  • sweat glands (6 replies):
    I have been experiencing pain around my right armpit are...[more]
  • Skin redness inner thighs (2 replies):
    40 yo white male. I have skin redness in the groin area...[more]
  • rash HELP (1 replies):
    i have a rash,between my penis and upper thigh. i think ...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Avatar dr f tn

Intertrigo is any rash in body folds. Affected skin is reddened and uncomfortable. Body folds are prone to inflammatory rashes because of relatively high skin temperature and moisture from insensible water loss and sweating cannot evaporate.  Friction from movement of adjacent skin also results in chafing. Bacteria and yeasts which are normally resident on the skin multiply in such environments and may result in further damage to the skin.

Diagnosis needs a swab for microscopy and culture of micro-organisms, or a scraping to rule out fungi.  Treatment depends on the underlying cause and on which micro-organisms are present in the rash. It would be best to have it evaluated by your doctor.

Take care and keep us posted.
Avatar n tn
I am not a doctor, so dont quote me, but I am a nurse and I had a pt the other day with a similar problem. She had the many lesions under her armpits and in her groin, and also on her backside. The lesions eventually burst and there was a yellow-green puss. She had Hidradenitis Supprativa. She was being treated with antibiotics. I would go to your doctor and get them looked at don’t want the leisons to get any further infection. In the meantime, I would try to keep the areas as clean and dry as possible.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Raleigh, NC
209987 tn?1451939065
4851940 tn?1385441629
United Kingdom