painful lump on pad of thumb

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

painful lump on pad of thumb

8239359?1345033093
I've developed a painful, hard, white lump on the pad of my thumb. it looks like a squeezy spot but it isn't squeezable. i just noticed it there one day, and do not recall injuring my thumb in that area at all. it doesn't hurt until it is touched or squeezed. i attach a picute of it. what is is?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
Injury or blow to the pad of thumb is the commonest possibility based on the information shared by you. Is this bump filled with fluid? If yes then it is possible that it is a form of dermatitis called pompholyx or vesicular eczema .Moisture, detergents and chemicals can all aggravate it. It can also be related to stress. Another possibility is a pustule due to any bacterial infection. It is advised that you see a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. Treatment will depend on the cause. Do keep us updated.
Best of luck!