Dermatology Community
painful rash/bumps on penis head
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

painful rash/bumps on penis head

a few weeks ago i had unprotected sex and within a few days i developed what looks like a rash but also has small bumps in it all over the head of my penis. its made the head of my penis very sensitive so its hurts when i touch it. it went away after a day or so though. BUT last night it showed up again. and my penis has been unusually itchy in the time between the two outbreaks. its really starting to worry me now since it  has came back. i REALLY dont want to go to the doctor. i would really appreciate any response to what this could be. please answer!!! and not just telling me to go see a doctor. thank you  =]
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .Even genital warts cannot be ruled out as it is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash. If the bumps are itchy,you  can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.

If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Genital warts have to be ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...