painful red bumps in a circular pattern

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

painful red bumps in a circular pattern

I am a female in my mid-twenties and within the last week some small bumps have appeared on my the inner part of my upper left arm only. One week ago, my arm was clear however I did notice that their was pain in that area of my arm... but I ignored it hoping that it would go away.

Anyways, these teeny tiny bumps are red like pimples but with clear bubble-heads; they form a perfect circular pattern that is hollow in the center; and they do not itch, but are accompanied by a burning sensation. The feeling is similar to the pain of a chemical burn or a rug burn.

Does anyone know what this circular formation of red and painful bumps might have been cause by? Additonally, do you have any advice for how I can get rid of them.

Please, please, please help!

Any help or advice would greatly appreciate it :)

Just some additional info... when I said that these bumps were "clear," I meant to say that they're "fluid filled". The heads of these bumps appear to be filled with a clear fluid.
It can be due to impetigo, molluscum conatgiosum or shingles( although arms are less common sites for shingles). The first sign of shingles is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.
I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

My MD confirmed them to be shingles and I just completed medication. Thanks for your info and response.