painless, non-itchy blisters on fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

painless, non-itchy blisters on fingers

4484534?1242872818
I have several blisters or bumps on my fingers.  they cluster around one another, some have grown together to form a large irregular shape. they do not break easily (have not broken any open) and yesterday looked like they were filled with a clear liquid, but are now hard and swollen red. There is no itch or pain associated with them.

They are located mostly on the palm side of my index and middle finger, with some smaller blisters on the side and even fewer on the back of my fingers. Both hands are affected in the same way.

I first noticed them a week ago, but there was only one smaller bump on my finger, but has since spread significantly.

I have been under significant stress lately (law school exams).

What is this, and is there a recommended treatment?
Pompholyx is the conditon.Not serious,responds to antiiotics.Consult your doc.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be due to dyshidrotic eczema. Stress is a precipitating factor. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
It sounds like we suffer from the same thing.  For the past decade (perhaps longer, but I honestly cannot recall when they began occuring), I have noticed the formation of tiny blisters filled with clear fluid on the palm side of my fingers.  They usually appear as singles, but occasionally I have outbreaks of at least 10 in one area that seem to form a sort of circle.  Right now I have the largest outbreak I've ever seen on my right hand with two patches on the palm side of my middle finger and one patch on my ring finger of the same hand.  Just as you say, they do not itch and they don't hurt.  Once I made the mistake of popping one a few years ago.  Only then did it hurt, so needless to say, I don't do that anymore.  They go away on their own and they only occur about once every 3 months.  They're not noticeable unless I point them out to others.  Because they don't itch, don't hurt, and are not really visible to others, I am not concerned about trying to find a "cure" for them.  I'm merely curious about what they are or might be.
Athlete's Feet seem to run in my family (my dad has it, my brother has it, and I have it, but my mom does not) and Eczema on a smaller scale on my dad's side of the family, but after reading the symptoms of eczema and pretty much every other possible diagnosis for other causes of similar blisters, I am not convinced that a diagnosis has been discovered or mentioned on the internet.  Granted I've only been researching this today and have found many others with what sounds like the same condition.
A little background on myself:
I'm 29, female.  Not on any medication and have never been on any other than the occasional antibiotic (and by occasional i mean once every 3 years or so).  Have athlete's feet every 6 months or so that is almost instantly cured with OTC Lamisil AF.  No major health problems aside from occasional vertigo attacks, but I haven't had one of those in nearly 5 years now.  Oh and toenail fungus which also seems to run in the family on my dad's side.
I have the same issue. Mine are mostly on my palms and in between my toes. They do not itch and they are clear. They almost looks like poison ivy, minus the redness and itchiness. I too haven't found anything about this on the web. As long as I don't get a ton more I am not too worried.
I have the exact same rash on my fingers. I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis and notice that this rash comes and goes. I have gone to a dermatologist who said that this could not be dyshidrotic  eczema because they are not itchy. Although I have to go back when it flares up again for a biopsy due to the fact that at the time not many blisters were present.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers