patch of hair not growing
Hi..I have a patch of hair just off the right to the rear  side of my crown which does not grow at the same rate as the rest of my hair.
I am now 53 & female, however, i only discovered this problem a few years ago, when I started monitoring the growth after my daughter a hairdresser thought I had been cutting a chunk from my hair..also, a hairdresser I had previously gone to about 24 years ago,  questioned the fact that my hair was past shoulder length at the time but it went up on the bottom making about a 2 to 3 inch deficit along the bottom like a concave curve, and she thought I had snagged my hair on something. So, after monitoring the growth after a few months, what we have found is the normal or rest of my hair is now 3+inches longer than this patch.
I have been to the Doctor but cant get any answers...he did say something about scalp cysts?? Because my scalp does feel sore to touch in that area compared to the rest of my scalp!!  Is there anything I can do? Diane
For your symptoms, alopecia aereta should be ruled out. The areas of hair loss may appear suddenly or gradually. Some sufferers may notice a soreness or irritation before the onset of a bald patch; this is due to the autoimmune response. You should consult a trichologist and get this possibility evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you..I will consult doctor again, and ask to speak to specialist.