peeling chapped skin around lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

peeling chapped skin around lips

5323435?1264824124
Hi the skin around my lips  started off red alittle itchy  and then progressed to a yellow orange almost like a scab. if i remove a piece the skin is wet and this wetness dries to the yellow-orange scab. which then starts to peel. I'm assuming it is healing. is this just really chapped skin or something else. when i eat it stretches the skin and bleeds slightly where the skin tears.  I'm just looking for the best thing to apply to the area.  
Hmmm..beesWAX for the lips can be sold in stores...it helps alot with
cracked skin.you need to keep it moist,and somthing bettet then chapstick.
here is a link.

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/lips-lip-care/beeswax-lip-balm.html
Peeling chapped skin around lips can be due to cheilitis, eczema, fungal infections or cold sores. It can be due to vit B deficiency also. Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.

If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist as diagnosis has to be confirmed first.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.