peeling palm
i really would like to whats wrong with my palm.it all started with air bubbles then i peeled them thinking they would heal up but they haven't its on my right hand palm.then it gives a second itchy feeling .i would ike to know if i have exfoliative-keratolysis and whats the cure because when i dip my hand in water its gets worse..please help...
The symptoms are suggestive of exfoliative keratolysis. The first sign is one or more superficial air-filled blisters on the fingers or palms. The blisters burst to leave tender, circular areas. The symptoms are aggravated by exposure to irritants including water, soap, detergents and solvents. Treatment includes protection from irritants, emollients hand creams and phototherapy in severe cases.
During the day, hydrate and protect hands with a protective and moisturizing cream. At night, repair them with creams formulated from glycolic acid—a must for improving skin texture and tone. For a more intensive nighttime treatment, apply cream and then cover hands with gloves or socks. Your body heat helps the cream sink deeper into the skin. I would also suggest you to avoid washing hands with soap repeatedly and use gloves while doing any household work.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.

hello there,

thanks for your reply.i have stoped dipping my hand inside water.when bathing i wear gloves .this has really helped.because i really dont like the way they look if water touches my palm.i also went to my doctor and he gave me a candiderm cream.i have been using it for 2weeks now my palms are clearing but not gone completely..i would like to know how i got this kind of skin disorder how is it contacted..thanks..
Exfoliative keratolysis normally appears during warm weather in which due to excessive sweating and friction, the skin can start to exfoliate. Detergents etc. aggravate the picture.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
good day ,

i would like to know how long will this thing keep bugging me..do i need to take any oral medication..sorry if i ask too many questions ..my feet seems to be peeling too is this part of EK..thanks
Maybe you are having an elergic reaction to something. Think about what all you did involving you hand then that must be it go to the docto so they can tell you more about it.
Just after reading these posted comments on internet I came to know about this decease. I have been followed with many doctors infect no one gave me the name of my decease. But I am sure that I have been infected with EK(exfoliative keratolysis). My question is why suddenly it happens to develop bubbles on the palm skin.. why only in palm..? do I need to worry for spreading up this to other part of body ? Is there any cure for this ? is it too serious ?

by Aditya

by Aditya