penile sebaceous/lubrication glands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

penile sebaceous/lubrication glands

About a year ago I went to the doctor and I was all worried about what I thought was an abnormality. It's hard to describe because it isn't really a bump because when I run my finger over it it's smooth. It's only noticeable with a flashlight and if you were to look very closely. It's located under my foreskin, about a centimeter below the rim of my penis. The doctor said it was just a sebaceous or grease gland. It's tough to even describe it. Anyone else had this?
Chances are there that it is a cyst. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.