penis drying and peeling from shampoo?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

penis drying and peeling from shampoo?

After hearing from a friend about shampoo being a good lubricant i tryed it out yesterday and now my penis gets very dry and is now peeling. I am very scared be cause ive never tried shampoo before and im wondering whats going on. Also i would like to say that i have no trouble peeing and theres no pain but its really dry and its peeling so im worried can some one help me?
Tags: penis, Shampoo, peeling, help, worried, help me, Drying out
Oh almost forgot if theres something wrong is there anything i can do to help it get back to its old self?
It looks like contact dermatitis to the shampoo and drying of the penis skin as a result. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day. You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment and if the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.