penis irritation from shampoo?
Hopefully someone here can answer my somewhat embarrassing question, but 2 nights ago in the shower, i was playing with myself with shampoo (which i've never done), and when I finished, i felt fine. However, within a short amount of time, the tip of my penis started stinging a bit, and throughout the day yesterday, it itched a bit as well, although it got a little better throughout the day. Also, there was a very small amount of pus that came out when i pushed at the bottom with toilet paper yesterday. Keep in mind, this has never happened to be before, which is why I believe it's irritation from the shampoo getting inside. I can urinate fine (no difficulty), and my penis has not been itching much this morning, although I know that the irritation is still there a bit. Any advice or thoughts? Does this sound like it is an irritation? Thanks for the help!
Also, the outside of my penis appears fine--no redness or anything. The itchiness is from the inside, I believe, although it hasn't been a big issue yet today.

This may be a skin reaction to the shampoo. An allergic reaction or contact dermatitis may be  differentials here . I suggest that you wash the area with a mild and bland soap. Take plenty of water and  observe your symptoms. The condition occurred immediately after using the shampoo (is this correct)? This may resolve spontaneously. However, if the discomfort persists and you note any redness, discharge or pain in the area then I suggest a prompt consult with a urologist. At this point, you may send a sample for a urinalysis just to rule out any infections.
Thanks for the response, Vanessa. Another question, though. By the end of last night, everything was feeling pretty much back to normal, but when I woke up this morning it was itchy again and a small amount of pus came out when I pushed on the bottom. This same thing happened yesterday, too, although it got better throughout the day, which I believe will happen again. Is the pus a very bad sign, or is it sometimes common with irritations/infections? And yes, just minutes after getting out of the shower and using shampoo, the tip started stinging a bit. Thanks for the help by the way.

In the persistence of the pus, I suggest that you get a prompt consult with your physician. A urinalysis, urine culture and urethral swab culture are needed. This may suggest an underlying infection. The cultures will help guide treatment . You may be needing oral antibiotics.

Do you have other associated symptoms like pan in urination or change in the character of the urine?
Since it did only happen a few days ago, I'm going to wait and see if it goes away, but as you say, if it persists for another few days I'll visit the doctor. As far as urinating goes, there has been no change in the urine itself at all, and it feels fine to urinate all day except for when I first wake up, which stings a little bit. After that, however, everything is fine and seems relatively normal. Everyday it seems like it's getting slowly better, and right now I honestly feel completely normal. Any other thoughts, Vanessa? Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Also, this morning it seemed like there was definitely less pus than yesterday, and almost no itching (knock on wood), so this is leading me to believe that it will resolve itself within a matter of days (that is possible, right?).