penis itching under the foreskin/redness in patches

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

doctor.i believe i have some sort of fungus infection.there is a lot of itching on my penis head under the foreskin.generally the affected areas become red.it generally happens after masturbation.but since a few days its happening even if i dont masturbate.and after i scratch.i get burning sensation while urinating once or twice.there was a little bit swelling even on my foreskin today.i got up due to the itching.this has been happening for a while now.often theres smegma on my penis even though i wash often..there always seems to be da white substance.do i have fungus infection.im embarrassed to visit the doctor.what should i do.please suggest

This discussion is related to itchy foreskin.
I cannot confirm without examination but the symptoms that you are having are due to balanitis of the penis.It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.
Hope it helps .Take care and please do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

thank you doctor...but exactly which antimicrobial should i use.?? is there any medicine which i can take orally?
Topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin and Lotrimin are available over the counter and for oral antimicrobials, a dermatologist’s consultation and prescription are mandatory.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

doctor hi iam 24 i had sex about 8 weeks ago i went in to my doctors to check me out i don all the tests i got them back a few weeks ago nothin wrong with me but on top of my penis is sore sum parts are gray on it and my foreskin is sore to and sumtimes when i  pee it sore and on the bottom of my *** cheeks it feels like a rash inside my skin and when i poo its sore to the doctor told me it is a fungal infection and gave me tablests for it there called terbasil and its still sore i dont no what to do will i go back in or wait do u no what it is
Hi doc please help iv been to gum clinic a couple of times its always been for same thing. Not every day but some days under my foreskin gets red a bit inflamed and sometimes gets a bit itchy not often though when I pull my foreskin back it looks like little patches of white skin. What is this?? It dosnt look like genital warts but the patch of white skin sometimes gets itchy have you any idea whats going on?? Please get back as its doing my head in should I go back to gum clinic?
hello doctor , my problem is that is when i stretch the foreskin back its just a little bit red and is itchy , i wash daily and still no change has occurred
I had sex with my gf one week ago and now my foreskin itches whole day, is it a infection. i also noticed a small red dot like on penis head initialy but now its gone, itching still remains. The itching problems is also ther with my GF, she feel itching around her vagina and vulva. plzz suggest
2 months ago I've seen 1 abscess on my penis & feeling a little bit pain on my lower abdomen...but now it is more than 2 & from last 1 week m feeling itchy on there..though I've not done any kind of sexually intercourse with anyone..but i used to masturbate once a daily...
What might be my problem....? I need help.....