Dermatology Expert Forum
penis rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

penis rash

about three months ago, I noticed some discoloration on the foreskin of my penis after masterbation (masturbation). Along with the discoloration {red in appearance} there was an iching sinsation . I applied 1% hydrocortizone {for one week} which took care of the iche, but did not get clear up the redness. I was also left with some irraton.I also noticed some swelling of the whole shaft of penis after sex or masterabation. The swelling would subside after a day. about a mouth ago, I went to go a dermatologist and he told me it was some form of mild rash.he told me to minimize irration, shower right after sex or exerising, and then dry it of and apply babypowder. I did this for a while, but it did not help much.

Two days ago, after having protected sex, more swelling occured. the swelling has not subsided yet.

I had a problem similar to this about 4 years ago, but there was no swelling. the redness went away after 4 or 5 mouths. so this time I am more concerned with the swelling and irration. I know that irration from sex or masterbation (masturbation) causes the swelling and I have cut down on that. Is swelling and irration a symtom of the rash? what can I do to prevent it?