Dermatology Expert Forum
penis rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

penis rash

about three months ago, I noticed some discoloration on the foreskin of my penis after masterbation (masturbation). Along with the discoloration {red in appearance} there was an iching sinsation . I applied 1% hydrocortizone {for one week} which took care of the iche, but did not get clear up the redness. I was also left with some irraton.I also noticed some swelling of the whole shaft of penis after sex or masterabation. The swelling would subside after a day. about a mouth ago, I went to go a dermatologist and he told me it was some form of mild rash.he told me to minimize irration, shower right after sex or exerising, and then dry it of and apply babypowder. I did this for a while, but it did not help much.

Two days ago, after having protected sex, more swelling occured. the swelling has not subsided yet.

I had a problem similar to this about 4 years ago, but there was no swelling. the redness went away after 4 or 5 mouths. so this time I am more concerned with the swelling and irration. I know that irration from sex or masterbation (masturbation) causes the swelling and I have cut down on that. Is swelling and irration a symtom of the rash? what can I do to prevent it?
Swelling and irritation come about from any form of inflammation.  In your case, the apparent cause would be sex or masturbation.  I think the dermatologist's suggestion that you use lubrication before sex and moisturizing/powder afterward makes the most sense.  But it doesn't sound serious.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff