perfectly round itchy skin rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

perfectly round itchy skin rash

I recently got a skin rash on my inner fore arm. It is about the size of a quarter, all red, itchy, and perfectly round. The skin within the rash looks a little dry and flaky. The area surrounding the rash is also slightly swollen. I don't recall getting bit by any insects. I first noticed some tiny red bumps (about 3) clustered together on my arm. From there it grew taking on a circular shape and started to get very itchy. I went to my local dermatologist and he didn't seem too concerned and said it just looked like an allergy to something. He gave me a cream called Topicort.  I have been applying that for the past 3 days and it hasn't helped.  The rash still seems to be growing bigger and it is still itchy.  Before going to the dermatologist, I was applying benadryl for the itch, but that also wasn't helping.  I have a picture of it, but not sure if I am able to post pictures on this forum.  I can email it to anyone that is willing to help me out.  Thanks!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be nummular dermatitis or ringworm. Nummular dermatitis is a sort of eczema and allergic reaction is an important cause. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes and keep the skin sweat free. If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Wow! I looked up Nummular dermatitis and it sounds exactly like what I have. Since I posted my question, the area has dried up but the skin is darker than the rest of my skin in the area. I read that this is a sign of Nummular dermatitis. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Thanks for your kind words. Take care and God bless.