persistent cracked skin on one finger (skin infection?)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I appear to have some sort of skin infection on a single finger of my left hand.  It hasn't gotten any better/worse in roughly 8 months, but it is annoying!

The skin is cracked and painful, and occasionally there are very tiny blisters filled with a yellow-clear liquid.  It has not spread to other fingers.  This same fluid is sometimes found around the cracked skin as well.

I will go to a dermatologist when I can get the time but is there something I can do in the meantime to try to clear this up?
WOW!!  Did you ever find out anything further about your finger?  My husband has the EXACT same thing going on....same finger, same symptoms, about as long as yours!  Do you wear a gold wedding band on that finger too?  My husband had to remove his ring it got so bad...wonder if it stemmed from that?
I have exactly the same thing. No pharmacist has an idea what it is. I've tried anti-fungal cream, anti-bacterial, steroids (cortizone) and it's responded to nothing. Have you discovered anything since you posted this topic in 2008? Thanks,

Marius
I have the same exact thing.  Is there anything I can do?
Anyone? I'm 19 and I have this on my right hand ring finger. Happened pretty soon after I started wearing my (gold) class ring. Really *****.

I've found that putting straight Vaseline on it works very well, it moisturizes the skin but it's not a permanent solution. Wtf is this? Can ANYONE help?
im 17 and i have this too. started off little then ended up spreading down and around my whole finger. red, and sometimes little blisters with yellow and clear fluid, once the blisters pop they dry out and then it moves down my fingeer, ****** huh. it bleeds too if i ich it and its ichey and burns all the time, idk what it is, i looked it up and nothing. and one know anything?
Try vitamin E softgels. Take one at night when you go to bed and you can also cut open the soft gel and pour the vitamin  E on your finger and let it soak in. I had this problem for weeks on my right ring finger and tryed this and it went away. I had herd pouring vitamin E on stretch marks of pregnant wemon got rid of the stretch marks so I figured I'd try it on my finger and it worked