philtrum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

philtrum

My philtrum is red,dry, and sometimes a little itchy,How can I cure it?
Red, dry and itchy philtrum can be due to contact dermatitis or eczema.  You can take Benadryl at night as it causes drowsiness and other non sedating antihistaminics like Claritin and Zyrtec . Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. Application of calamine lotion also helps.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine. If the symptoms persist, then you can consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.