pimple? in butt crack

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pimple? in butt crack

On the top of my butt crack, I've got sth that is around half centimeter in diameter, hurts a lot when I touch it, and I thought it's some kind of a pimple, but it seems to be pretty deep below the skin surface. What should I do to remove it?
From the symptoms it can be pilonidal cyst. A hairy area near the tail bone can develop a pilonidal cyst. Those can initially be painless, but can become quite painful. Surgical removal of the cyst is the main mode of treatment. My sincere advice would be to consult a general surgeon. Till that time you can apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.

It is a pilonidal cyst. I was given some antibiotics and creams, and most of the time I have a piece of gauze over it, and it's a one week therapy, after that my doctor will tell me if I will be going to the surgeon. But I really don't want to remove it till summer. It doesn't bleed or anything, it seems to hurt less, but it's still there.