pimple inside my ear

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pimple inside my ear

not sure what to call this, but what I have is some pimples that grew inside my ear canal, an later at the entrance of my ear canal, not sure I should ask an ENT Doc or a Dermatologist.

anyhow, 3 months ago I started to have some itching inside my right ear, tried to clean it with a q-tip and probably that was a mistake, anyhow, I noticed that a hard pimple at the entrace of my ear has grown to block the ear entracne and I started to feel some water inside my ear and of course loss of hearing because of the blockage. went to the doctor and said that there is a pimple inside the ear canal, put some long guaze inside my ear with some drops and asked me to keep it for 48 hours. that helped and what ever was inside is gone, however the pimple at the entrace of my ear just shrunk and became hard but the hump is still there. 2 weeks later the same think happened to my left ear, and 2 days later to the right ear again.

to keep this short, now for the fourth time it keeps happening to my right ear, and right before every epiode I notice that there are some white flakes are stuck to the doorway of my ear, and I can remove them with my finger, but 2 days later I would get some sort of ear problems and a blockage due to that same pimple that seems to appear and disappear.

not sure what to do after visiting 4 doctors...and no solution...is this some type of fungus? is this just a regular ear infection? did I get some bug that is doing this?
I appreciate your help.

Yes, it is quite common to have a pimple at the site you describe. It can be a blocked pore (from wax). Just leave it alone, wash your ear gently, and put "polysporum" on it. This is a topical antiseptic and will help heal it.

The infection will probably go away by itself in 2 to 5 days. A mild pain reliever and warm compresses may help relieve the pain.

It is not recommended that we pop it ourselves, because it may get infected . A revisit to your ENT would seem reasonable.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.

thank you for your kind answer.

what I have noticed in the past few days, that when I sleep on my right side, meaning on the right ear which is the discussed ear, some sort of liquid (runny not thick) builds up in my ear canal and starts coming out of my ear during night, and what is weired though that this yellow colour liquid dries out once it reaches the entrance of my ear and creates a build up of dry patches and feels like my ear is almost blocked.

however the feeling of the water will stay in my ear all day untill I insert a q-tip to obsurb the access water.

any ideas what would this be? why is this now happening at age 41, while I never experienced this ever in my life?

thanks

This could imply that you have an ear infection.

The best treatment for ear infections is to take a wait and see approach, and to offer pain management to the patient. Aspirin can reduce pain and swelling, and many drug stores have over the counter drugs for ear aches which will ease the pain. A doctor can also prescribe more serious analgesics if the pain is extreme. The patient should also be kept hydrated, and encouraged to rest. Within 24 to 48 hours, the problem may be entirely resolved, whether it is a true ear infection or simply an ear ache.

In cases where symptoms persist or seem to grow worse, a doctor may decide to prescribe antibiotics for an ear infection. Antibiotics are prescribed with care, however, as each course of antibiotics makes the patient more prone to serious ear infections in the future. In patients under six months of age, antibiotics will be prescribed in all patients with signs of an ear infection, whether or not the infection is confirmed. In older patients, however, the doctor will perform an exam to confirm the presence of infection before offering antibiotics. Even with antibiotics, pain management is usually still necessary in the first few days, because the infection and accompanying buildup of fluid will not clear immediately.

Regards.
i have pimples in my ears and they never seem to go...even if they go from one ear they come back in the other.... they are very itchy nd hard pink in color. i have not consulted a doctor yet and i have no idea what this could be. plz help me with your answers
I have also been having pimples inside my ear canals and right near the entrance to the ear canal. I used a Qtip in one of my ears to relieve itching and noticed a fowl odor on the Qtip when I removed it. My pimples also seem to either be in both ears or move from one to the other. I had a Dr appointment for an unrelated issue about 2 months ago when this first began and she said my ears looked fine to her.