Dermatology Community
pimple on vulva
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pimple on vulva

Why are these pimples popping up on the inner vulva area?  They start out small and very uncomfortable.  They grow and itch until I apply warm water and make rupture.  Usually goes away 1 week after they rupture.  I've never gotten these in my life until last summer when I had the first episode.  I've had 4 more times since then.  I am very strict about my hygiene.  I am 40 years old.  I've been married for 23 years.  I do take hormone shots every month since my full hysterectomy 4 years ago.  Could the hormones be the reason?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi

Bumps on the vulva may be due to dermatitis which may also present with vesicles. Folliculitis, warts and herpes are also likely differentials. In your case, a dermatitis may not be likely since you have not mentioned of any direct exposure to gels, lotions and other substances in the area. A viral infection such as warts do not seem likely as they do not present as vesicles .Vesicles are bumps that contain fluid and they pop. I am thinking that these may either be dermatitis or a herpetic skin condition. Both these skin conditions present with vesicles and itchiness. They are also chronic and recurrent. These are just differentials based on your description.
I do not think the hormone therapy is associated with this as you have been taking this for years already (is this correct)?
Blank
Yes, I have been on hormones for 4 years.  could you explain dermatitis and herpetic please.  Sorry I didn't respond had to leave.
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979