pimple turnes into mole

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pimple turnes into mole

Awhile back I had a good sized pimple or ingrown hair on my leg.  After a few days it went away and afterwards it became an odd looking, oval shaped mole.  While the mole isn't huge, its bigger than the rest of my moles and its also on my upper thigh, a part of my body that is rarely exposed to sunlight. I don't know if I should be worried or not.
A pimple cannot turn into a mole.Acne lesions are commonly referred to as pimples, spots, or zits.
What is left behind in its place is an area of skin darker than your normal skin tone. This is called post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, caused by excess melanin deposited at the site.
This will clear on its own but it will take 4-6 weeks.You could apply a demelanizing skin cream on the affected area to accelerate the clearing.
A mole, technically known as a melanocytic nevus, is a small, dark spot on human skin.
The high concentration of the body’s pigmenting agent, melanin, is responsible for their dark color.
It often requires a dermatologist to fully evaluate moles. A basic reference chart used for consumers to spot suspicious moles is found in the mnemonic, A-B-C-D. The letters stand for Asymmetry, Border, Color and Diameter.[9] Sometimes, the letter E (for Elevation) is added. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, if a mole starts changing in size, color, shape or, especially, if the border of a mole develops ragged edges or becomes larger than a pencil eraser, it would be an appropriate time to consult with a physician. Other warning signs include a mole, even if smaller than a pencil eraser, that is different than the others and begins to crust over, bleed, itch, or becomes inflamed. The changes may indicate developing melanomas.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28skin_marking%29
It has been almost a year since the spot first apeared, is it possible for melanocytic nevus to last that long, or could what I thought to be a pimple have been somehting else.  Also, does melanocytic nevus have elevation?  Whatever this is, it has elevation, a small bump in the center.
What I meant to ask was, does  post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation last that long and does  post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation have elevation?  I got the term mixed up with melanocytic nevus.
i had a pimple or zit a long time ago on my chin and now i have a mole which has hairs growing out of it i believe a zit can turn into a mole.
I had a pimple that turned into a mole.  This is possible as it happened to me as well.
I have the same thing on my thigh and elbow. I think I am getting more. My doctor told me it was neurofibroid dermatitis but I can't find info online about it. I'm thinking of getting a second opinion. Mine started out the same as yours.