pimple under lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pimple under lip

I sometimes get a pimple under my bottom lip, its not on my lip but right below it.  And it seems to sometimes happen after I trim or shave.
If the pimple has fluid inside could be caused by a virus. If it has pus could be caused by bacteria. Razor burns may cause pimples as u describe and is sugested to use mosturizers
From the symptoms it looks like an infected hair follicle and a boil. Keep the area clean and apply some warm compresses and topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.