pimples in stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pimples in stomach

I waxed my stomach , chest and armes last week then 4 days later i get two red pimples with white head and as the hair  grow the pimples started to spread out and increased only on stomach and chest ? i used calamine for two days didn't work ? is it from wax ( as it is my first time for stomach wax ) or it could be infection from the wax materials ??
From the symptoms it sounds like folliculitis. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.

Also in future, when you are waxing, apply wax in the direction of hair growth and wax should be tolerably hot. Then try to wax the hair out in a single strip as multiple strips may injure the skin more. After waxing apply ice(wrapped in a towel) and some calamine lotion on the skin which helps in soothing. You can also take some over the counter anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen after waxing.

However, the best method of painless hair removal is by laser treatment. I would advise you to consult a dermatologist/cosmetologist and discuss this option with him. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i do have appinment with my dermatology but i can't see him until next week this is the only opening . well , i do keep it clean and i used neutrogena soup plus my mam gave me a cream to apply twice called allergex which contunue chlorphenoxamine on it used for urticaria , eczema , and insect bit . well i been using it for two days today w be my third the pimple r smaller in the size but won't go away as of right now stop spreading only as it is from the beggining the eara of the wax have been used . i have triamcinolone cream my doctor gave it to me once as an after wax cream i could use it ??  thanks so much for the great respond and i can't wait to see the doctor next week.

Triamcinolone is a high potency steroid and should be used after a dermatologist’s guidance. It is very true that steroids are not without side effects and long term use should be under a dermatologist’s guidance only. Steroid induced rosacea is one of the commonest side effect of long term use of steroids. Others include skin thinning and atrophy, allergic reaction and tachyphylaxis(tolerance the skin develops to the vasoconstrictive action of topical steroids.).

Steroids are not available over the counter and should be taken after a dermatologist’s prescription only. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

YOU WERE RIGHT IT WAS folliculitis FROM waxing i did visit the doctor yesterday and he told me to stop waxing and either use laser or something called tria . thanks again :)
i visited my doctor and he said it is  folliculitis he gave me anti bauticas and cream to use . But i went to get my face down and the area i use wax on it had small little pimples the day i get the wax . It never happened so i shouldn't wax or shave until i finish my medications or wat ? and how many weeks it will take ?
You should keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics like Dettol. Also keep on using the antibiotic creams and the antibiotic medicine and then these infected hair follicles should go away in a few days. Also in future, apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) after waxing and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.