Dermatology Expert Forum
pleva

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

pleva
pleva is a rare skin disorder I have had for 2yrs. now,  why is my body allowing it?
Lala:

Good question, but I have no answer.  PLEVA is, like many if not most skin conditions, of no known cause.  But I can say that it is not associated with any systemic immune problems or things of that nature.

Best.

Dr. R
It's just one of those things that happen?  I've just got to deal with it.  It just came out of the blue?  My faith is strong, but still I am a woman who is very upset by this stuff all  I mean all over me.  I am not a vain person, and I know things could be worse but I can't even wear shorts or short sleeves in the summer because it is everywhere, and people stare.  My life has changed because of this skin disease, and it really does interfere with my sex life, it don't make me feel real sexy if you know what I mean.    thanks, laura
My 28 year old son was only today diagnosed with PLEVA.  He has had it for about 10 weeks.  Will it go away if the symptoms are treated or will he always have those little sores on his legs and his arms??  Is there any hope that he will look like a normal man again?
unfortunately, the scars will not go away regardless of what
the doctors tell you.
My son Malcolm had pleva when he was 3 years old.  He was given UVB (ultra violet light) treatment whih cleared this in 3 months, although he has bad scarring on his torso.  He now has it again - he is 12 - and will get the UVB treatment again, if the cortisone cream we have does not work.
A related discussion, Cataineous Lupus was started.
A related discussion, PLEVA was started.