pls help me for my old white scar

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pls help me for my old white scar

i have old white scars on my legs, my skin is darker than my scars. pls help me for this some melanin cream or ointment to darken the scars..
Tags: white, scars

How were the scars caused? Is there any history of trauma or injury to the site?

There are many treatments available for scarring depending on the persons requirements and suitability. These treatments can be beneficial to varying degrees and your doctor is the best person to decide which is best suitable.

As a general guide the treatment options range from local applications, superficial procedures such as microdermabrasion to lasers and cosmetic surgery. To treat scars skin specialists first reduce underlying fibrous adhesions and later  either perform a dermal filler or stimulate new collagen growth with  Non Ablative Laser Rejuvenation.

It will be difficult to recommend a particular treatment to you but there are many options and medicinal products available. The best would be to talk to your doctor and then decide which treatment works best.

It is also important to understand that the skin has its own repair mechanism and gradually the repair would bring significant change. At the same time, medications have their limitations and there is a limit to which they can benefit.

Hope this helped you in some way.

Let us know if you may have any other questions.

Regards

when i was 9 i had so many flea bites and i remember that its so itchy and i scratch my  skin and until its bleed then now the color of the scar is white.. but thanks for the info Dr.

Glad the post was of some help to you.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
Hey

It seems like you know alot about scars. I am desperate for some advice on my situation; I have white flat scars all over my thighs which are about 5 years old. Unfortunately I suffered a self-harming disorder during that time and am now left with scars that I am ashamed and embarrassed of.

I would do anything to reduce the appearance of these scars, but I have been told that there is little hope for me as they are not keloid scars, nor are they raised or coloured.

Is there anything I can do?