polypoid muccosal lesion
I developed a curious lone papular  lesion almost centered on my upper lip at the point where my lips meet.  It is penundulated, round and smooth on the top, flesh coloured with a slight white tone because of the thicker layers of keratin at the top.  Probably less than 1/2 mm wide but it seems to be growing very slowly, barely noticeable due to its position on the lip line.  I have just come back from my GP and he diagnosed it as a polypoid mucosal lesion.  He was sure it was not a wart.  He mentioned that this condition is very common.  I myself thought it was more of a fibroma.  I've been referred to an oral surgeon to have it removed.  I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and might know what causes it.  Is it a viral infection or due to irritation?  One factor might be that I switched to a store-bought soft plastic grind guard that sat on my upper teeth.  This might have irritated the skin.  Should I demand it be biopsied?  Other than looking weird when I open my lips wide, it isn't really causing any problems but it is really freaking me out.
bump - anyone have a clue on this?
Does this sound like a wart to anyone?  I imagined a wart would have bumps and uneven rough growth on the top.  This is fairly smooth, like a skin tag on the lip.  
Polypoid lesion is a small vascularized growth arising from the surface of a mucous membrane, having a rounded base or a stalklike projection. It presents as a well-defined, mobile, painless, dome-shaped swelling. To confirm the diagnosis before getting it removed, it is best to get a biopsy skin done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It was a fibroepithelial polyp.  The oral surgeon had it biopsied and it turned out to have some a minimal amount of dysplasia.  I believe the cause was  cedar wood toothpicks that I was using for a while.  The toxins in the cedar wood along with the friction irritation caused the fibroma.

I would highly recommend that anyone developing such a lesion to immediately see an oral surgeon who specializes in pathology.