Dermatology Expert Forum
popped blood vessel?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

popped blood vessel?

I am a 17 year old male that has a mild problem with acne.  The worst affected parts seem to be off to the side of my eyebrows.  I don't know if it's that I touch that part of my face often or what.  My question is that I went to bed one night and woke up the next morning with a small purple colored mark on the side of my face.  There was nothing there the night before and I hadn't picked at it or anything.  I don't know what this could be.  It has been about 3 days and doesn't seem to be going away.  I was just wondering if this is a normal occurrence?  If these little marks go away eventually or do I need to get some skin cream?  
Thanks.
Steve:

Hard to say for sure, but the speed of appearance and intensity of color sound like trauma (rubbing in your sleep) or else a pimple, which can indeed come overnight.  The less you do, the better.  It may take a couple fo weeks, but it will go away.

Best.

Dr. R