possible salivary gland problem
hi i have got a lump in my mouth that feels like an ulcer but is more of a lump aroung what im assuming is a salivary gland that seems to secrete  saliva still so is not blocked but is quite painful and bonjela does not seem to cure please check the photo any advice welcome thanks
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be an apthous ulcer(they are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth and often make eating and talking uncomfortable), mucocele or blocked salivary glands. If recently you have had any fever then the possibility of herpangina( caused by coxsackie virus and is self limiting) is there.

Avoid spicy or acidic foods during this time.You can use topical ointments like numbing ointments, such as benzocaine, anti-inflammatory (steroid) gels, benadryl allergy liquid mouthwash, oral preparations of steroids and vitamin supplements.

But if the sores last for more than 3 wks or start spreading then please consult a dermatologist/ENT specialist. I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.