post hemorrhoid skin tag surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Viewing 201-301 comments:
Through natural treatments, I initially started off with an Anal Fissure, that turned into Hemmoroids (hemorrhoids), that subsequently turned into a Skin Tag - notice its gotten better over time, albeit I still have pain it has been improving slowly bc the pain and size has been diminishing.

Even my Rectal Doctor/Surgeon commented by saying "Your Hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) have practically disappeared, and now you have a skin tag, whatever your doing is helping and working." He had initially suggested that surgery was my only option, but is becoming a believer, and we are observing my progress together.

YES its very embarrassing and  when it gets irritated I have a small discharge of blood and feces on my boxers - very embarrassing and hate facing my wife.

However I have to admit Ive been dealing with it for over a year, and I it has gotten better with natural treatments.

The treatment Ive been using is a combination of:

- Homeopathy Medication - Hammelis (for Hemmoroids (hemorrhoids)) & Thuja (for Skin Tags)
- Sitz Baths,
- Drinking Warm Water in the morning (2 @ 24 Oz Glasses) for looser bowel movements,
- Better Diet (More Fruits & Veggies & leaner meats - basically eating smarter)

Here is what I do in the morning when I get up, I drink coffee and have breakfast - what I normally do. I then drink 2 times 24 Oz bottles of warm water because this helps U go to the bathroom much easier ie its a natural way of having looser bowl movements, reduces irritation on ur hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) or skin tag and an excellent natural substitute for stool softners - its been working great!

After having the bowl movement, I take a Sitz Bath for about 10 - 15 mins in warm water, really soothes the Skin Tag or Hemmoroid. After this I take a nice Hot shower, and soap and clean the area again. I might also take another Sitz bath in the evening or during the day when possible - Having 2 Warm Water Sitz Baths helps healing process.

I then take my Homeopathy Medications I initially started taking 200C pellets (then 1M pellets) Hammelis (treats Hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) ordered online from http://www.abchomeopathy.com/), Thuja pellets 200C for Skin Tags (then 1M) , and Thuja Ointment to apply 3 times on the skin tag. Make sure when U take the Homepathy Medication by mouth U keep the pellets under ur tongue so the pellets melt (faster way to get it absorbed in ur body). I took the pellets 3 times/day and used the ointment 3 times/day.

Not sure if U need to use both Hammelis and Thuja, but it worked for me, and still use both.

Its been over a year now in this treatment every day, and Ive noticed the pain, size and discharge reducing slowly albeit it took 6 months to 1yr.

Now I can at least have a normal existence, the pain before was unbearable and really affected my life, but the combination of Sitz Baths (2 times/day), Drinking Warm Water for Bowels Movements, Homeopathy Medication, and eating better has really improved my life and my Anal Fissure to Hemorroids (hemorrhoids) to Skin Tags now, and hopefully will make it disappear after another 6 months to 1yr.

I hope this helps folks, bc I dont wish this ailment even on my enemies except for a special deserving few  : )

Take care everyone.
I forgot to comment earlier that my pain has reduced by 90% through the treatment.

Also I spelled the Hemorrhoids Homeopathy Medication incorrectly. Its spelled as the following: Hamamelis Virginica. Again U can get the Medications at http://www.abchomeopathy.com/

Summary of treatment is following (but details in initial response):

1) Homeopathy Medication - Hamamelis (for Hemorrhoids) & Thuja (for Skin Tags)
2) Sitz Baths,
3) Drinking Warm Water in the morning (2 @ 24 Oz Glasses) for looser bowel movements,
4) Better Diet (More Fruits & Veggies & Leaner meats - basically eating smarter)

U will get better by using this treatment, U just need some patience!

Good luck.
Hello everyone,
I'm living in Canada and I have found this forum fascinating and a true help. I have had a small skin tag for about three years. it didn't get bigger, but became more embarrassing to me. So much so that it affected my sex life hugely. My husband said he "didn't notice it" but I have my doubts. Anyhow, I had it removed (I hope) four days ago. My doctor did it in her office, using a cauterizing unit. First, I had a few lidocaine injections which stung a little but I had applied Emla cream half an hour beforehand, so were not bad. I asked to be in the "stirrups" position as the tag was at the vagina end. I found this less embarrassing. The doctor cauterized it and said that she may have to do it in two stages, depending on whether or not the tauter skin created by the cauterization would remove most of the protrusion. The pressure that caused the tag apparently came from a hemorrhoid that corrected itself.

After the op, I was expecting some pain but felt none whatsoever and still have not, even when having a BM. However, I have a HUGE lump down there, the size of half my little finger. It does not hurt but is sensitive. The doc's away for a week. No blood, discharge, or anything else out of the ordinary. I'm bathing twice a day and using Tucks which hazel medicated wipes. The doc said there would be swelling due to the large amount of lidocaine she'd put in as I wasn't freezing well. However, this would surely have dissipated by now. Has anyone else experienced this after cauterization? Thanks so much!
Er, I meant Witch Hazel...
Has anyone been to Center for Colorectal health in San Francisco for Anal tag removal. Any info on procedure, pain and recovery time would be appreciated.
Hi I live in the UK. I had 2 anal tags removed under GA 2 days ago. I was really frightened about the pain but i havent had any even though they prescribed strong pain killers so that's good.
However when i take a look down there, it doesnt look great - one tag has gone but the one one looks like a lump - can anyone tell me if that is the case and it takes a week or so to settle - or do you have to have a few ops to get rid of it all?

Appreciate your help
I would first like to say this discussion board has been very helpful.  I will be having some skin tags removed soon.  I'm not too concerned about the post-surgery pain.  My biggest fear is having BM's.  I have a history of severe constipation.  I did the fiber thing but that made my stomach hurt so bad.  I took stool softeners but still didn't have a BM for about 4 days.  Laxatives are too rough on my stomach.  I drink Green Tea everyday and that helps out but I'm still not having normal stools.  Most of the time they are still pretty hard.  I'm really scared about me causing more damage after the surgery, however, my tags seem to be always swollen or burning or itching because of my hard stools anyway so its really a lose,lose situation for me.  Is there something I can take that will soften this "****" up and help me out post surgery?  Any suggestions are welcome!  Thanks.
I also have a skin tag. I have had hemorroid surgery in the past and banding last year.  My problem is, I wnat my skin tag removed and I can't find anyone willing to do the sugery.  My primary care doctor told me to make my bowel movements softer (I already added a lot of fiber and adjusted my diet).  I have also been to a colorectal surgeon, who was also not willing to do surgery.  I don't know where to go next. Any suggestions?  (I am not worried about the pain, it can't be worse than hemorrhoid surgery)
Hello to all and thanks for posting! I have to say I feel a little better knowing I am not alone!!! I wish I had read blogs 3 years ago!!! I am still dealing with the after effects of my 2nd hemmroidectomy!!!
I will try to be brief on my experience... I suffered from long term internal and external hemorrhoids. No cream or ointment was going to get rid of these puppies... they were there to stay and my color rectal surgeon even said... oh ya... surgery... which is very rare!!! He was honest and made me fully aware of the pain that I was in for. I had already had breast cancer in 2000, so I thought... come on... I dealt with that, how bad can getting some hemorrhoids removed be? HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!
I have an extremely high pain tolerance... you will just have to trust me on that and let me tell you, in my 38 years of living... I have NEVER experienced the level of pain I endured, than that of the post surgery.
There were problems... apparently as you all know, it's painful, but in addition to the normal pain you would feel after an internal/external hemrroidectomy, they over over-fluided me!!!!! The doctor had told me that he had written special instructions of no more than 200cc's of fluid, I think that was it?? Anyway, someone apparently wasn't paying attention and they didn't follow orders!! Argghhh!!!
To describe it... I could barely walk to the bathroom... at one point I had a shot of pain that brought me to my knees, it literally took my breath away! My boyfriend called immediately and said something is wrong? She is in excruciating  pain, the pain med's are not working and tried to explain to them what I was feeling. Which was the pressure you feel when you have a urinary tract infection!!!! The intense pressure of having to pee and nothing comes out!!! and this is on top of the intense pressure and pain coming from my bum!!!!! At the time I was kicking myself for doing it and felt nothing was worth that kind of pain.

Ok... so now, I go through worst part, go back for my follow up and he's taking a look and says... Ohhhh... not good when the doctor even thinks it looks bad!!! I said to him, I know it looks worse than it did before!!!!! He said you just seem to swell a lot? More than most patients, some people that happens to but it is so rare! So, because of the intense swelling, it didn't heal properly and somehow in all that a fissure was created. Ugh! Now another surgery... let me mention that I did recovery instructions to a t! I took a month off from work... the sitz baths... you name it! I was the model patient!

Hemorrhoids still not gone!!! After all that! Now the doctor is puzzled, he is consulting with his colleagues to see what to do next. Another surgery. Primarily because I was left with a bum that looks like it belongs in a horror film!!! It was hideous and one of the BIGGEST reasons I did it was because I am a  very sexual person and I have major issues now with anyone seeing that area! It's completely crippling! I cant even enjoy myself because I am so fixated on the thought of him seeing or feeling them!!

Ok... here we are almost 3 years later and I am left with an unsightly behind, it's a series of scarring, uneven skin tags & discoloration (purples, reds, pinks...)

After all that... I only wanted to have a normal butt hole... that's it!!! My diet is awesome now! I have no issues with bowl movements! Just a hideous anal!

I recently was reading on the plane about a hemorrhoid institute that does laser?

Does anyone have any ideas? any DOCTORS reading this blog? HELP! I am beyond your normal case and unfortunately the doctor in my town came highly recommended, best in the area and I am NOT going back to him, as far as I am concerned he butchered me!

Is there any hope for me to cosmetically correct the damage that has been done??

Thank you to anyone that can offer and sort of advice or direction! I genuinely appreciate it!
I have read all the forums on this sight, and have a skin tag that want go away.  I am 44 and had a slight hemi when I was 37, and it was gone after the suppositories it took two days.  About two month ago another one came up, Started eatting dark fruit and changed my eating habbit.  I bought the medicine and just wiped it on the exterior.  Went out, drank beer and ate pizza with extra cheese.  The next morning there was blood everywhere, I could not move.  Went back to the store and bought the suppositories and started using them.  After several phone calls to friends, was not using the medicine right.  I believed my hemi ruptured that night.  The next night after a long 1 hour shower I almost called 911 thinking I was bleeding out.  Stuck 3 suppositories up at once before bed, and the next day had some relief.  After 3 weeks of about 4 boxes of Heorrhoidal suppositories, the bleeding finally stopped.  Went to the doctor, little skin hanging is nothing, just don’t get any more, said, the doctor.  I have one chronic skin tag.  Found to stay away from cheese, red meat, and milk (my favorite). Have been on the web looking for answers.  Have no pain at all and tag does not bother me much now.  I cannot live with a chronic problem, I will find away out.  Going to do laser tag surgery maybe, I have heard you can freeze it off, any help?
I have a skin tag from pregnancy. This skin tag has deeply affected my sex life. I couldnt have sex with my fiance, so he cheated on me and we split up. I am not looking now, but in the future im sure that I will want to have sex again, but with the skin tag i just dont see myself being able to do it. Everyone says that i'm crazy, but it truly bothers me this bad. My doctor basically laughed at me when I told him this, and acted unconcerned. He said that it was "too big" for him to remove it in his office but "too little" for him to make me an appointemnt to get it removed. Does anyone know a doctor who will remove this thing in tennessee? If so, then it owuld be deeply appeciated if you could share their name and location with me. Thank you so much
My doctor said that i would require one or two stiches at most if I had my skin tag removed, so he wouldnt do it because he said it was not hurting anything, so i went to another doctor, who basically told me the exact same thing. I have read the comments on this page and everyone says that the surgery is excruciating, but I was wandering if everyone only had to have one stitch, or if their skin tag was more severe then mine? I know that nothing could be much worse than the hemorrhoid that caused this horrible thing. I got my hemorrhoid during my 8th month of pregnancy and it grew to the size of a golfball and i couldn't hardley walk..You never realize how many times you cougfh or sneeze,LOL, untill you have one of those things. Does anyone know if only one stitch is as bad as many of them?  I also read about the rubber band thing...Doesnt seem too hard, mabie i could do it myself?
Howdy All,

Well I had the circus act Hem and Roid removed on the 12th of May and I never knew that parting would be soo painful. I can appreciate the comments about feeling uncomfortable with friends like these. I had to go to a couple of doctors before I found one that would agree to do the surgery. Now I am in pain and I have noticed something that resembles a protrusion but I hope it just part of the healing process. I would hate to think that I am going to have to castrate my doctor. Does anyone know how long it takes for the swelling to go down? I would greatly appreciate your input.
Thanks,
CIndy
I'd had a skin tag for about 2 years and had no idea what it was. I was just really embarrassed about it all the time and it really interfered with my sex life. I also want to say that I was pretty young when it developed (19) so I never even thought hemorrhoids would be the cause. After doing a lot of research I finally broke down and went to my gyno about it. She told me it was a hemorrhoid and there was nothing that could be done, maybe litigation surgery. Well I found out that she was completely wrong and did not know what she was talking about. The skin tag never hurt or bled or caused me any discomfort, just embarrassment, so it wasn't a hemorrhoid. And litigation is only for internal hemorrhoids. So I made an appointment to see a Colon/Rectal Surgeon (which was covered by insurance). He was very nice and quickly told me that it was just a simple skin tag from an old thrombrosed external hemorrhoid. He said it didn't need to be removed unless I wanted it to be. I quickly said yes and asked him everything I wanted to know about the procedure. I made an appointment for the following week to have it removed. Well that was 3 days ago now and I'm in no pain, a little discomfort. As far as the procedure the worst part by far is the shot, after that you can't feel anything. He did say when the numbing wore off that I would be in "a little discomfort"....well it was actually pretty painful because I was still at the pharmacy waiting on my pain meds. I got really scared about how much it was going to hurt then, because I was actually in tears from the pain as I was driving home. But I got home, laid down and popped a couple pills. The pain went away and by the next day I was only a little sore when I sat certain ways, but I didn't even need the pain meds anymore. It's day three now and no pain, I still wouldn't recommend vigorous exercise or anything like that, but I could certainly go out and do most day to day activities if I wanted to. I have a follow-up app. in a couple weeks to check on everything. Overall I'm very happy with my decision, the short period of pain was worth it to have the thing removed. As far as anyone else getting one removed, just to let you know my doctor told me it was completely normal to have a tag removed but the area still not be completely smooth, because they don't want to cut away too much tissue in that area because the scar tissue could constrict and that is not an area you want to constrict. I'm sure laser surgery offers smoother results though.
Hi, I live in Toronto and have an anal skin tag that I would like removed. Does anyone know any doctors that would do this in the Toronto area?
Have your swelling gone down? I recently have hemorrhoids and skin tags and now I look like a horror show in my bum.Everything is swollen including where the skin tags used to be. Today is 5 days after the surgery and I went to my doctor for her to take a look...she says all the swelling is part of the healing process and I won't always look like that. I hope she is right. Otherwise, i would have been better off just dealing with the hemorrhoids and skin tags. Does anyone have any feedback?
I don't know if I would recommend removing rectal skin tags if it doesn't bother you. Eventhough I had it done 20 years ago and the results were successful, I got new one shortly thereafter and then two. I waited until now in my late 30's to have them removed. Right now, I look like a freak show down there and where my skin tags were, there are bulbous protusions. It's only been six days since my surgery, but I can't see that even after the swelling goes down, there will be something hanging from my butt.. On top of it, I have been so uncomfortable and been out of work for a week. Why did I put myself through this torment?
I had my skin tag removed 3 days ago. My first doctor wouldnt listen to me so I went to another one, who gave me a referral. Finally I found a Doc. that would listen to me and he removed my Tag.  The surgery was embarrassing, but the shot was the worse part. after the shot, I could only feel pressure and it didnt take over 5 minutes. After t was all said and done, I left the hospital and as I was walking to my car, the numbing shot wore off. I didnt know if I would be able to drive the pain was so bad, but after about an hour or so the pain died away and by the end of the night, wasn't bad at all. The 2nd day I was just a little sore if I tensed up "down there". Today is the third day and my biggest issue is having a bowel movement. My doctor didnt prescribe me any pain meds., so the past 3 days have been successful pain killer free.  I tried to have b/m today and it felt like I popped a stitch or something, so I couldnt make myself do it. I am concerned about when it does happen, if ill be able to tollerate it..Anyone have any advice on this matter?  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I would suggest that you seek follow up consult with your surgeon. You need oral antibiotics and pain medications for this. You need not tolerate the pain as pain relievers should be maintained until the pain has worn off. Take the pain relievers as necessary. A suppository to help aid bowel movement especially during constipation as well as water based lubricant may be applied on the area .Just make sure that you wipe the area with a clean and damp tissue to avoid any infections . Always keep the area clean and dry. Avoid using any abrasive cleanser or cloth when cleaning the area.
So do you know if swelling normal after this surgery? I have more skin/protusions from the area than I did before I had the surgery? Is it possilbe that once the swelling goes away that things would return to "normal"? In the process of enduring this pain, I am scared that when I am healed that I will have more skin tags/protusions hanging from the area than I did before the surgery.

Thank you in advance.
It’s been 2 months since the hemi.  My hemi bleed for 1 week.  I was doubling up on my underwear.  Was going to buy adult diapers but the bleeding stopped.  Was looking into surgery because the doctor said, would have a chronic hemi.  Was not buying it,  I got on the strict diet for 3 weeks. My doctor helped me with dos and don’ts,  ate fruit everyday for three weeks. I became a frugivorous.  No caffeine (that was the hardest) I ate one meal a day for the first three days and added a second the rest of three weeks, compared to three big meals pre hemi days. Also ate lots or meat, cheese and pork.  I ate no red meat or pork,  especially did not eat any cheese, milk, pasta for three weeks.  I did eat chicken and fish the last two weeks and I had my first double hamburger extra cheese this week with coke and it was good….and my hemi shrunk down to a memory in 22 days.  It’s just like it never happened.  Natural healing is the way it worked for me.
Can someone tell me is this sounds like a skin tag?

I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid around the 12th of May.  The blood clot passed on the 24th of May.  Ever since then when I squat down or sit on the toilet, the area that was thrombosed and swell, now "baloons" out.  But when I stand it retracts back in.  When in the shower I can feel the skin is a little bit loose, but there is no flap of skin, just loose.  I read that sometimes people with thrombosed hemorrhoids, the tissue that swells becomes un-supportive and weakens causing the veins and tissue to fall out of place.  Would all of this be considered a skin tag?  As of now I ordered some ointments in hopes it will stimulate tissue regrowth.  I have been on Hem-Relief for over a month now and my Hemorrhoids completely went away, I am just left with this problem now.  

Any advice on whats going on with me??
I had two skin tags removed on June 25th, that was ten days ago.  I still have a lot of swelling at the site of the surgery.  Can anyone tell me how long their swelling stuck around.  It's still the size of a small shelled almond.  I know, it's graphic, but I've called my Dr. and he says that the swelling is normal for the procedure that was done.  I can't even think of this thing hanging around.  I really hope that I don't regret having this surgery.   Thank to you all.
I had mine removed on June 21 and I still have swelling as well. Everyone seems to complain about swelling on this blog but no one actually really follows through and let others know they end up.
I myself are afraid that I have sort of skin tags that is resulting from the surgery. I will post again if there is any progress but I have been really distraught by the surgery. My doctor always says the swelling is normal and tells me that when the swelling goes down whatever is left will be more better than what was there.
Thank you so much for your response.  Since my post, my swelling has gone down and the pain is just about gone completely.  Although I still have a smaller protrusion, I am trying to be optimistic.  My doctor said that I may have had a thrombosed hemerrhoid during my recovery.  I sure hope not, I can't take anymore problems.  I still take at least 3 sitz baths a day, which seems to help.
Hi. I went to my doctor's office this morning for a follow-up visit. She says there is still swelling and that it is all normal. I have bleed, some alittle of discharge, and itching. She told me to start using Mederma 3x  a day and that will help prevent help with the scar tissues and swelling. I will let you know how that goes. Maybe you can ask your doctor about that.
hello, all.  i just had a skin tag removed 4 days ago.  at first it really wasn't painful, although it doesnt look smooth as i thought it would - very bulbous.  however, the first bowel movement which was the day after surgery was the worst pain i have EVER felt.  two days later (yesterday) i had my second bowel movement and it was worse than the first!  i put a mirror down there to see what was going on and it looks like i may have given myself another hemorrhoid.  is this even possible?????????  please help.  i can't stop crying.  i regret having the skin tag removed.
A month and 10 after my surgery and painful recovery, I have about the same about of new skin tags from the surgery itself as I did prior. My hemorrhoids came back despite taking fiber tablets, magnesium, etc. I thought I would share my experience with everyone.
I had internal and external Hemorrhoids.  I ignored them most of the time but it was starting to rule my life.  I finally had a bleeding episode that lasted for two hours.  I was trapped at my office.  Once home I decided to check in at emergency room.  Glad I did.  ER doctor wouldn't let me go home.  Said my Hemorrhoids were the worst hes ever seen.  I had my surgery on the 4th of July.  Surgeon removed ALL three internal hemorroids (hemorrhoids) by surgery.  Full anethesia.  He also worked on my external hemorrhoids.  I was discharged a day later.  I had a bowel movement on Thursday afternoon.  I held it in until Tuesday morning. About 3 + days after surgery.  The first BM was the worst experience of my entire life.  I was constipated from the drugs.  I recovered VERY quickly.

I followed Doctors orders.  Took one week off of work.  This is required as BM start to come very often and you have no control over them - you'll have like a 30 second warning or you'll **** your pants.  You need to be near a bathroom!  I have a desk job so one week was good.

Things I did to recover quickly:
1)  Took hot showers after every bowel movement.
2)   Took 4 - 5 Sitz baths a day for 1 week than less for another week.
3)   Avoid dairy products, avoid spicy food, avoid red meat.  Eat light and healthy.  Lots of yogurt, juices, water.
4)   Two tablespoons of Metamucil (fiber) day and night
5)   I had a hemorroid cream I applied after every bowel movement to help healing
6)   I took VENAPRO twice a day to help internal healing. (please note my first bowel movement I had two drops of blood.  I have not had a single drop of blood since than).
7)   Got walking as soon as I could - keep the blood going.
8)   Got off the drugs as soon as I could.
9)   Used panty liners the first week to catch discharge, etc.
10)  No more toilet tissue - using the flushable wet wipe type of wipes now - including some I brought to work and hide in the bathroom - much easier to use and much less painful.

I went back to normal bowel movements after two weeks.  After three weeks I no longer have any paint during BM and feel "normal".  Bar far the worst experience of my life but I'm so glad I did it.  My life is restored after 20 years of Hem problems.  I waited way too long!

Hope this helps someone.
That's terrible.

I'm thinking of having a skintag that's attached to a fissure removed for cosmetic reasons. It's awful, ugly and discusting, and affecting my sexlife really bad..

I'm worried though. Is there ANYONE who's actually happy with their surgery, cosmeticly and otherwise?
There's almost nothing but horror stories here.  I wonder if it's that people who've had bad surgeries, or are worried about their slow recovery from their surgeries, are the ones who are likely to seek help online, find this forum, and tell their stories, while people whose surgeries have gone fine really don't feel the need to come to a forum like this and say everything went fine.
So, I finally did it even though I was scared of all the horror stories here.

The shot hurt pretty bad, but it wasn't more than you could handle. Then I felt nothing when he cut it of with some kind of scissors I think - or knifes... Not sure, but it was done in like 2 minutes. I was sent home with som bandage and told I could bleed a little in the beginning. Took a couple of regular aspirins when I got home and I was a little sore for a couple of days, but it didn't really hurt. I was told not to use toilet paper and to shower after I go for number 2. Also to wear skirts at home and get as much air as possible so that it heals faster. They said nothing about sitzbaths that everyone is talking about here. They also advised me not to take any creams and not to use soap "just do business as normal". I also asked about laxatives and such to not strain the cut, but they said I shouldn't do that.

I looked at it later that night and it looked pretty good. It was a pretty big open cut, but the tag was gone! I was told it would take 12 days for it to heal, and during that time it actually didn't look very good. The side of the open cut got a little swollen and appeared to look as a tag itself. On the twelveth day exactly it did look good though! Bowel movements did hurt and bleed the first week, but not so bad. Only if I was a little constipated.

I'm now three weeks after, and it appears to have healed pretty good. No tag, but if you look closely, one can still see that there has been a cut, but it's hidden if you don't look very closely. Althoug my tag was caused by a fissure, and that hasn't healed compleatly (since I insisted on removing the tag before tha fissure had healed) so I still hurt a little when I go to the toilet. Also a small new tag has started to appear (althoug not that noticable if I don't look closely) so I need to take care of that with creams and such to heal the fissures and stop getting constipated.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to any of you who hesitate - DO IT. If it belongs to an active hemmorid, then this might be a painful experience - but if it's a fissure tag or something that is just there for some other reason it is really not that bad. It looks already almost completely normal and I'm super happy I did it.
I had my internal hemorrhoid removed a little over a month ago.  My doctor told me that I should be able to return to work after a week, but I was still feeling some piercing pain, which I later found out was due to irritation from a loose suture.  When I went to see my doctor for a follow-up appointment, she cut the extra suture, the sharp pain went away instantly.  Most of the pain subsided after 10 days and the swelling was reduced after 2 weeks.  By 3rd week, the swelling has gone from an almond M&M size to half of a tic-tac size.  It's been 6 weeks and the size remains the same, so I assume that's just the skin tag.  Hope this helps.
Hi I had 2 surgeries to remove hemorroid, i was constantly constipated and after my first baby i had the rubber band done 3 times IT DOES NOT WORK WAIST OF TIME AND ENERGY..then I had my first surgery and I think the Doc did a bad job (half fast) I went home and imedialy saw that it was 2 balls hanging outside my anus when they were not there before.. so the next visit the doc said "WOW we will have to do it again it still there " (hellow he knew he did a mistake). 4 months later i went to a second surgeon that did the laser surgery for hemorroids (hemorrhoids), he did do the surgery , but left me with a deformed but and horrific one... just so my hemorroids (hemorrhoids) would come back, wich i found out 6 years later that i had rectocele what caused my hemorrids to be cronic (chronic).. so I just had the Recotcele surgery 4 weeks ago and now I ask my other doctor to remove the skin tags... THE DOC TOLD ME IT WILL BE EXTREM PAIN AND THAT I MAY HAVE THE ANAL CANAL NO GET TIDER AND BE DIFICULT TO EVACUATE  - HE SAID IT IS ONE OF MOST COMMUN SIDE EFFECTS TO SKIN TAG REMOVAL- NARROW OF THE ANUS ...  DID ANYONE HAD THAT? I CAN NOT HAVE ANY DIFFICULT TO PASS STOOLS OR MY RECOTCELE WILL REOCUR, SO I STILL WILL REMOVE THIS TAGS, AS I AM AN EXTREMELLY SEXUAL PERSON AND I M DIVORCED AND CAN NOT GO OUT AND HAVE SEX BECAUSE IT IS SO EMBARASSING TO HAVE THIS SKIN TAGS HANGING IN THERE ... I THINK ANY MAN WILL GET SCARE , UNLESS HE S YOUR HUSBAND FOR YEARS  LOL, WELL DOES ANYONE KNOW IF AFTER SKIN TAG REMOVAL IT NARROWS THE ANUS AND MAKE DIFFICULT TO PASS STOLLS??? THE PAIN I CAN DEAL WITH AFTER 2 HEMORROIDS (hemorrhoids) SURGERY AND A RECTOCELE AND HYSTERECTOMY.. I THINK I CAN DEAL WITH IT ;) MY SURGERY WILL BE ON NEXT WEEK..
THANK YOU
c
I I did had my Surgery for my skin tags about 3 weeks ago, and it is extremelly inflamed and swellen... I have being bleeding for about 3 weeks, where I even bleed at night and wake up with a lot blood on my underwear.
My butt looks like a circus with uninvited clows, it looks like I have more skin tags then before, and a little space in between some new bumps that were not there.
My surgeon is suppost one of the 10 best in the world not just in US.
I did go to my primary doctor and he told me I had to see the surgeon right a way, but the surgeon could not see me, and I am waitting to see him..
Does anyone knows if it is normal to have all this sweeling for 3 weeks and all this new bumps and bleeding????
Also the huge pain is gone but the discomfort to sit is horrible and I also have some discharge, what I heard it is normal... Does anyone know if it will ever go back to normal or will I need another surgery to fix it???
I just want to have a human butt again, and go back to my normal lif and activities..
C
I had 3 skin tags removed, internal and external hemaroids. the recovery has been hell  very painful. I take metamucil at least once a day to soften bm, take sitz baths..thats a must. Still swollen  down there, can wait to see what my new bum looks like after fully healed.
I wrote above about getting my skintag removed and how I was happy with the healing and the results. This was in late november last year. Since then, the skin tag has slowly but steady grown back til it's original size...! As for today it's also swollen, blue-ish and hurts. Also I have gotten another tag on the other side of the butt but smaller... So I'm very disappointed with the results and wondering if I should bother to do it again.
I had rubber bands put on both internal hemorrhoid and skin tags 5 days ago and regret it big time!!!
I had no idea that the pain would have been so bad afterwards and no idea that i would not be able to carry on as normal.  I should have been told, i was told that it may be painful, may have bleeding and may get infection.  I was not told that 5 days later i would still be bleeding and loose lots of blood when i have a BM.  i'm supposed to go back to my office job tomorrow and cant face it.  sitting down for 7 hours doesn't seem feesible, plus what if i need a BM, i cant bath at work! the thought of not being clean for all that time worries me. after all this i don't want infection too.  i was going to make something up about being off for a couple of days ( i was off work for easter when i had the op, so didn't need to arrange time off work) but now i'm concerned about being off for longer than that.  My butt looks like nothing ive ever seen before, i cant understand, it was supposed to look better not worse!! why didnt i research this before having it done. because i had no idea that it could be a problem.  i should have been told.
I just now need to get on with it as i cannot go back in time, but just need to know that there is an end to this nightmare.
there is isn't there?????
Hi ALL,

I had two surgical removals of a huge skin tag all around the part. In a month I am OK. Had pains just after th surgery the first time an even worse the second one (done after two weeks only from the previous one). The surgery was OK, doc and nurse wonderful. I agree wih who told that skin tags are underevaluated: they cause very big psycho problems, ovr all to women (but also a man, how could have a nice sexual life with them?). So, send to FO those docs who laugh about this medical problem. Greetings from Italy. Ale
My gyno, Dr. removed mine down there with no numbing.  It took a second.  Felt a little pinch thats it.  Why r people going to a hospital to have this done?  I dont understand.  And he removed 4.  I wasnt sore, bled or anything.  They were anal tags.  No stiches like others say.  But they usually come bk and mine did.  Now I just accept it.  No biggy!
I started getting hemorrhoids when I was 24 YO.By the time I was 45 I was in agony with stage 4 hemorrhoids. I was down about three days a week because they were so bad. Primarily caused by athletics and weight lifting.

A number of my friends had traditional surgery. After seeing the amount of pain they experienced I delayed surgery too long.

I decided to do the PPH surgery in 2003.I had the twilight sedation. The surgery was quick and outpatient.The next day the pain level was very low. I only did a darvocet or two the entire day.Two days after the surgery was out shopping. After about a week I was pretty back to normal. Now here we are 6 years later. I had a skin tag from the initial surgery. It is bigger. Also a new hemorrhoid has materialized.It is stage 2. So I am off for laser surgery next week.I want to intervene quickly this time so it never gets to the level it did last time.
Good luck to you all!
Wow. I am not alone. I truly thought I was the only one who had it this bad. I had the most horrible sex life as a result of my anal skin tags, so bad it destroyed a few relationships. So I went for the surgery. Had high hopes. Dealt with the most extreme pain I have ever known... And am now dealing with accepting a failed surgery. In fact, they are worse. I am now looking forward to a sexless future. This is so wrong. For all of you dealing with this - I feel your pain and I am so sorry.
This is a follow up to my post of May 27th,09.

I went to the hemorrhoid laser surgery center in Phoenix on 060209. Dr. Thomas has been doing roids for 30 years by laser for 20. He says up on the table,"you got two big ones".

No skin tags here, two stage 3 prolapsed hemorrhoids..

Had my consultation @ 9 AM, on the operating table @ 11:30. One of my buds took me home @ 1:00 PM.

Off pain meds the next day. Did a half a vicodin each AM for two days for BM and numerous bath tub soaks.

Virtually no bleeding. One AM a few drops, that was it!

So based upon what I have seen many of my friends go through having standard surgery and what I went through in 04 with the PPH, this is a walk in the park.

Two weeks later I am 90% recovered.

I highly recommend their services!

RGaz

http://www.lasercenterhemorrhoids.com/

I am having surgery tommorrow for these puppies. They we pretty big about a year ago and are now just big skin tags. I also have fissure from one of these.
To make things even more complicated I have IBD. Ulcerative Colitis. So the risk is very high of a bad infection. I have dealt with the pain from the disease and these two down there but I am scared for surgery.
I am choosing to have this surgery because I am now self conscious about getting oral sex and I am a very sexual guy. I don't even let my wife go down in that area anymore. I also don't like the cleanliness factor. It's hard to prevent the blood or any seapage that occasionally happens. I am 28 and I want to have fun. I really hope this surgery tommorrow goes well but most of these stories have made things a little more intimidating.
I had a skin tag removed from my anus today at the Center for Colorectal Health in Beverly Hills.  Took 15 minutes.  Two shots of lidocane - just small stings.  Then some pulling sensasion as the doctor removed the skin tag and bound the wound (no stitches).  He said he tied the wound on two ends and the middle so that it heals from the bottom up. He says stitches would make me more prone to a fissure appearing there.  

I have a small lump where I got the lidocaine shots.  But the wound feels tiny and i can feel the string that is to absorb into my body in a week or so.  

So far I feel like I made a great decision.  After a year of having it, I had started feeling very embarrassed and unable to enjoy sex.  Dr. said I can go back to having anal sex in a month or two.  I will keep you all updated.

-finally-normal
It has been two weeks since my surgery.  The swelling went down after about a week.  But once the string dissolved and the wound opened I started feeling very very itchy.  I was told I can use neosporin on it.  The wound looks big - and I'm afraid of getting scar tissue there. :( I have a small hemorrhoid opposite the surgery  - was told this is common :( It will go away but will it re-occur?  ugh :(  

I called my doctor at the Center for Colorectal Surgery in Beverly Hills on Tuesday, supposedly he tried to call me back but he left no voice message.  I called today and he is gone for the 4th of july weekend until monday.  

I'm hopeful this will have a happy ending. I will definately keep you guys posted - either way!
Wow, so many comments. Had skintag/tags removed two days ago under general anaesthetic.  Now day 3. No pain for two days but last night and today stinging and feels a bit like a hemmorhoid atttack. Surgeon Prescribed Paracetemol every 4 hours, plus anti inflamatory daily and I am really positive in spite of being concerned I was going to have severe pain. Small amount of blood, use panty liners and use baby wipes after BM of which I have had two no problem. I use a very sweet liquid at night prescribed my surgeon to avoid constipation and eat lots of fruit, licorice and the like. Surgery in NZ is free and I was in Day stay only.
Alioop NZ
I am finally completely healed.  WARNING do not use neosporin continuously!  In my last post I mentioned a nurse said I could use neosporin to calm the itching from the surgery.  Well I used it continuously and ended up getting a yeast infection - neosporin does not kill yeast.  I only got better once I used the antifungal Tetraderm (Mexican brand - cheaper).  Anyways so the itching was the worse, but slowly I got better. I did follow instructions taking a epson salt bath everyday.  I'm completely healed now.  The area where the skin tag was, is now a soft pink - but no scar.  I'm glad I got the skin tag removed.  Good luck!
I am due to have 2 anal skin tags and a polyp removed next week. I had surgery for a fistula 2 years ago which followed with a fissure which took months to heal. I am not looking forward to the pain i am going to go through following surgery and reading all these commenst doesnt give me any consolations!! Wish me luck!
I am going tomorrow to the doctor (first time) re" roid(s) .. I believe there is only one (external) about the size of a medium raisin/green pea. I have read all these stories and heard all these stories from friends and family re: the healing process, but none of them have had just a simple roid, they have had internal roids, bleeding, etc. Mine does not bleed, but holy hell does it hurt!!!! It has days where it doesn't hurt as bad, but others, OMG.
I don't know what to think from reading and hearing so many different things, I feel I have experienced this pain for long enough and to go thru even more is just very unappealing!! I had an appt. a couple weeks ago and chickened out, so I have rescheduled for tomorrow. The three offices I have spoke with make it sound that they will do something in office right then and there... is that normal, and I have no idea what kind of pain I am going to be in afterwards, they have mentioned (freezing it, lancing it, sucking it out, rubber band, and laser or coagulation of some sort ... uughh, I just dont want to be in pain, and I have kids to take care of and a job I can't call off of beyond this week Friday ( I am going in on Wed.) I don't know what is going to happen so if anyone has had this issue and it was resolved thru any of these ways, please let me know the outcome, so I know what to (sorta) expect.
Thanks,
Scared outta my mind in Chicago
Hi I had my surgery on 13th August. I had 2 anal skin tags and an anal polyp removed. It is day 11 and still no end to the pain. I also contracted a bug from the hospital and had Diarrhoea for the first few days after surgery. You can imagine how painful that must be. I am so sore, i still cannot sit down. I have been off work since the surgery and don’t anticipate going back for at least another couple of weeks. Regarding your comments Cinti, it looks like you have an infection that can only be treated by antibiotics. Hope it all worked out for you. All I can say is the worst pain ever!!! And healing does take a lot of time.
I had surgery to remove mine about 5 weeks ago, They are much smaller than before (I had a large one and a bunch of small ones from pregnancy. They were so embarassing, and looked like a cauliflour in my bum. Anyways...They were removed when I was having surgery for cystocel, rectocel and perineoplasty, so he cut them off during that time. the acual pain wasnt that bad. I was horrified because I always heard bad stories of the pain, but its nothing to what is described here, atleast not for me. The whole surgery was pretty painless, as far as a BM, its fine, eat colace 2 times a day and your BMs are fine, just dont forget, I forgot one day and had a larger BM that was only painful because my anus is smaller now? If that makes sense, because they remoced so much skin tissue, the opening is small. I had thrombosed hems from before that went away but the tag was huge and made cleaninf after bms hard to do. I suggest this to everyone, especially the poor ladies who are embarassed during sex to get the removed. Mine were not open sores, my urogynecologist sewed the skin together with dissolving stitiches so maybe why mine didnt hurt too much. The pain immediatly goes away when the stich releves the wound after it dissolves, I knew the miniute the stich dissolved because the pain was all gone. I do still have tags the size of a tic tac or so, but believe me, this is nothing compared to the half a thumb I had before. Im so happy, and maybe in the future I can have a 2nd one to remove the little guys but for now, I love them..lol I dont look weird down there al all any more, so I am happy.  A new vagina and a new bottom after 5 children. This is AWESOME! My insurance paid all of it because I had the repair for my cystocel and rectocel, etc. This is basically the same as the designer vaginal reguvination surgery you get at a plastic surgeon. All paid!!
My cytocel wasnt even bad, I just would pee a tiny bit if I coughed hard, etc. most women have this after 1 baby. I didnt get it until my 5th baby.
in recovery you just need a stool softner, baby wipes, and lots of water. I also used aquaphor, teatree oil and sometimes neosporin for healing aids, and took zinc, and vitamin c with regualr vitamins to heal from the inside out. Its also good to eat lots of protien to help healing. By far the best was Arnica Montana on the rear once a day after the wound closes, and also the little pills by mouth daily starting right after surgery. Your doc should give you pain meds galore. I had a huge pack of 800 mg ibuprophen, they gave me vicodin but it didint work, so I got perc instead. I only needed the pills for the first week due to the other surgeries. I dont like pills so I took the ibupofen a few times in the next week. The worst was if I stood all day or sat too long. dont get the donut it is worse on your botton, baths are wonderful after you can take them (wait 3 weeks)  my 4 week appt, he said they lokked great and would go down even more, just give it time, can take up to 3 months. Im so happy! I hope this helps someone, and if I think of anymore useful info, I will write. oh yeah, get a peri bottle to spray off after you use the bathroom, I filled mine with water, tea tree oil, vitamin e oil drops, and witch hazel (50% water and mix the rest- a few drops of the oils with witch hazel) feels great and cleans well! Good luck all!
I just had a skin tag removal done yesterday after 10-12 years of intermittent hemorrhoid issues.  It became too uncomfortable to simply just deal with any longer, particularly after an extremely painful thrombosis.  I have been going to the Center for Colorectal Health and am pleased for the most part.

I read so many horror stories online that I was actually really nervous going in.  Thankfully, I came across Mummymico's post and it really put me at ease.  

So, here is my story and experience with banding and skin tag removal and I will give progress updates over the next 2-3 weeks which is the time in which I expect to be recovered.

I had to have 4 banding procedures done approximately 4 weeks apart.  The banding is a cinch!  Dont even hesitate to get this done if you are having hemorrhoid issues.  Yeah, it may be a little embarrassing at first,  but these Dr.'s have seen it all and this is their profession and basically just another day at the office for them.

After the internal hemorrhoids were all taken care of we scheduled the skin tag removal.  My skin tags would regularly swell up and protrude and hurt and really put a damper on my social life as well as my sex life.  I was really self-conscious and its hard to have a good time when you're in pain and not feeling 100%.  So, I had the procedure yesterday.  I went into the room, undressed from waist down, covered up with the sheet, Dr. came in and had me lay on my side.  He asked me to be his assistant and hold my cheek so he could go to work.  He injected the area with Lidocaine.  This really didnt hurt that bad.  A little sting but he had me count to 10 and it really was over.  Then he went to work cutting and removing whatever.  I did feel a few tugs and a little sting at one point but nothing major.  I was done in 5-10 mins.  No stitches, just cauterized the wound.  He asked if I wanted to see the culprit and I did, so he showed it to me.  Ick.  Not pretty.  Good riddance!  What a relief!  He says I have another one but I'm hoping this was the main one and the other wont bother me.  If it does, I will just have him take it off.  

Day 1.. After the procedure... I was advised to rest, stay horizontal, avoid being on my feet or sitting at a computer in order to minimize swelling.  Sitz baths, a round of antibiotics and a script for Lortabs only if needed.  I was also told not to look down there or try to inspect with a mirror because it wasnt going to be pretty.  I drove home, no problem.  Got home, had a little discomfort but nothing major.  Had some bleeding but less than I expected.  I did have a lot of drainage from the surgical site which kind of surprised me.  But, I wasnt able to rest like I was told and had some things that had to get done so I suspect this is why I had the drainage.  I had a BM about 8 hours after the surgery and it wasnt as bad as I expected.  A little tugging.  I will say that there was alot of blood in the toilet and I was concerned.  I went directly to a sitz bath and layed down after.  The bleeding stopped and I havent had any since.  Just drainage.  Havent taken any of the prescribed pain meds.  There really isnt any pain.  I did take the antibiotics as instructed.

Day 2.. So far so good.  Just a little drainage.  I have noticed a hard lump in the area that I am hoping/assuming will go down in a couple of days.  It seems almost like a swollen skin tag except its really red and tender.  Its uncomfortable but not unbearable.  Still havent taken any pain meds and cant imagine I will have to at this point.

There you have it.  2 days and no horror story.  Its been alot better than I expected at this point.  Really just hoping the swelling of that other area goes down soon.  Its not pretty, thats for sure.  Very much looking forward to having that area be "normal" for a change!

I will post an update in a few days.  
Days 3-6

Pretty uncomfortable.  Lots of drainage from the site particularly if sitting or standing for long periods.  Ladies, wear an actual pad.  Panty liners arent really sufficient.  I was taking several sitz baths a day and did as much lounging as I could.  I think my problems mainly stem from the second skin tag that I need to get removed and the localized swelling in the area caused it to swell and hurt quite a bit.  I called the Center for Colorectal Health to see if they could see me before my follow up and remove the tag but the woman said the Dr. would not see me or even tentatively schedule the procedure until my follow up to make sure I was completely healed.  

One gripe I have about the Center for Colorectal Health is that they seem to draw out the procedures and suck co-pays and fees.  They would not band more than one hem, they would not remove more than one tag, they will not schedule a procedure until they see you first and then make you come back despite knowing the problem exists and needs to be taken care of.  I have been having procedures for almost exactly a year and by the time it is all said and done, I will have been there 10-12 times at $45 a pop.  A little ridiculous in my opinion.  But, they seem to have a monopoly on this particular niche and the banding procedure, so what can you do?  Yet another example of a system badly in need of reform.  

Day 7

Site of removal seems to be healing well.  2nd skin tag is still pretty swollen.  The area DEF doesnt look pany better than it did before.  I'm just trying to be patient and tell myself it will all work out and be normal down there in the next 4-6 weeks. Still have 3 more weeks until my follow-up.  I did have a BM and there was blood.  Still taking a few sitz baths a day.  There is less discomfort than there has been and I did manage to go to the gym today.  Ran and did upper body stuff.  No legs or squats or anything.  

Overall, still glad I had the procedure done.  Just wish they would have done them both at once but that would be one less co-pay and one less procedure to charge for.  So frustrating.  
Hi there everyone, I'm here to share my experience with my anal skin tag removal operation after one one week. I'm a gay guy so the anal area is very important, I found that I had a skin tag that I thought it maybe cause by HPV, after consulting 3 different doctors, finally the last one told me that it was not that related to HPV but a skin tag caused by the effort of going on to the bath or bad lubrication when having sex, I feel myself so relieved after living for more than 3 years, thinking about a sexual transmitted infection. I was so pleased to finally know what what really happening there, I asked him if he could remove that thing out from me, he said that it was not necessary unless I want it too", I say of  course I want it. As some of you mentioned it , it is because I'm a sexual person and can't enjoy being with someone not even thinking about having a long term relationshinp with someone because of this ****. At the end I was on the doctor's office, he did the procedure, he told me what most of you guys already know, the shot will be the worst part. It really was for about 3 seconds. Then no pain at all, he did the procedure, he removed the skin tag and showed it to me, I couldn't be happier to see that thing out of my body, I was so pleased, but then he gave me some intructions I have to follow, he told me about the pain after surgery, It really cause me pain but I was more scared that what I realy have felt, even so, I can't do anything as I used to, I can't eat (because I'm scared of going to the bathroom), I can't sleep well (I sleep with my face down and my butt up and don't move because of the pain), I can't live (I walk so funny, I have to have a thing covering my anus so the blood and the yellow liquid don't paint my boxers), I can't stay too much time sit, all that stuff. At the second day of the surgery I saw my anus and it look so good, the tag wasn't there anymore, I say to myself you did a good choice so now face the pain, and so I did, now I took another look down there and it looks even worse that it looked before the surgery I have like a horrible scar that is swollen, (which I pray God it goes away) you know, I decided to go on surgery to look better not worse. My follow up appointmet is on three days from now (Tuesday), so I hope the doctor told me what's going on. I don't want to pass through another surgery. I have follow the instructions, I have had bath sits, use baby wet towels to clean my *** when I finish the horror of going to the bathroom. Damn! I'll let you know what happen.
Wow! Some other people actually understand what I am currently going through.  Thought I was the only one.  Here is my story that my friends are still laughing over.  Had the advertised “painless” hemorrhoid banding  done 6 times in July 09. Painless my ***! #’s 1 and 2 were OK, but 3-6 were awful.  Then to make things worse I had a little skin tag removed Oct 28/09. Days after this little snip the swelling started with more and more tissue protruding and retracting each day. Included in this tissue was a peanut-sized lump the doctor labeled as a hypertrophied anal papillae.  B/M’s became almost impossible i.e.:  no urge to go and incomplete emptying. Doctor said “just a bit of swelling, it will go down eventually”.  Eventually my ***!  It’s now Jan 11/10 and I am in the emergency room with my “bunch of grapes” unable to retract, hanging out and becoming strangled and thrombosed.  Not to mention the excruciating pain and inability to sit down.  And yes, I did everything I was supposed to do.  Sitz baths, stool softeners, baby wipes, etc.  Even the 3 doctors who got to stick their fingers up my *** were cringing.  Waited 7 hrs for a surgeon to take a look and he just  jammed everything back up there…no lancing of the thrombosis, just some Percocet and “see you in my office in 3 weeks”..the ER doctor even said he was “too scared” to take a scalpel to this mass.  Now that the swelling has finally subsided I am stuck with huge skin tags and a possible anal fissure…all from one little skin tag removal.  Wonder what the surgeon will recommend on Feb 5/10?  Obviously, a hemorrhoidectomy at the very least.  Health care may be free here in Canada but I wish I would never have done the “little skin tag removal”!
I have suffered hemorrhoids for 20 years. Internal and external. The doc who delivered my second son in 91 told me they were the worst hems he had ever seen.

I'm now 5 days after hemorrhoidectomy surgery and have VERY LITTLE PAIN. BMs are the worst, yes, but I've found a way to handle them. When you're ready to have a BM, fill the sitz bowl that the hospital provided you with warm water, place it on your toilet rim, then drop your bottom into it. The warm water encourages fecal movement and eases the pain of it passing through your very tender anus. Yes, its gross sitting in a bowl of poopy water, but its easy to clean up afterward and then you just take a shower and wash yourself thoroughly.

I hope this helps some of you. And, if you are considering the surgery, just let me say that you may NOT have all this pain. I was absolutely prepared for the worst recovery of my life, and have been blessed with a very mild recovery. The worst thing I have is a terrible case of cabin fever!

Good luck to all. May your "butt flowers" disappear forever! :)

had hem surgery on the 12th, it was the most painful thing i've ever gone through.  the feeling of having to urinate and nothing coming out,  the strain of having to push the pee out. i was in so much pain until i took an empty enema bottle and filled it with warm water and sprayed it on the clitoris then i was able to pee.  i was so happy.  it's also a good idea to rinse your bum after every bm with warm water.  i had my follow up a week later i thought i had hem back, but now i have skin tag.  it's still so painful. i had hem for awhile, and they weren't that bad i wished i didn't have the surgery.  the pain i went thru and the skin tag after wards.. not worth it!!  will the skin tag get smaller ever???
I had 2 skin tags removed yesterday. I had the injections to numb and they sliced them off. burnt the area to stop the bleeding and stitched me up which will dissolve after a while. Im so scared of going to the toilet. all im eating/drinking is smoothies as theyre full of vitamin c and im hoping when i do go it wont be hard. I a very light headed and cant stand for long periods of time. Im back to work monday and not sure how im going to cope with cleaing myself. I'll keep you posted but so far so good. The pain is going away but thats cause im dosed up 24/7. I had a birth mark removed and it was also burnt to stop the bleeding so i know that any lumps i may get are just scabs which will fall off eventually. I have high hopes for the future now as it was embarrassing before. I think i may call nhs direct as i have not been told about salt baths. Good luck if you are going for the surgery. Best to nip it in the bud i think ;-)
Just to let you know i spoke to nhs direct and they said salt baths wont really help that much unless you use loads of it. feeling better and have managed to eat and keep it down. The mixture of drugs the doctor gave didnt do me any favors to begin with but now im certainly on the mend. :-)
I am going in to get hems removed from inside and tags removed from outside on Tuesday, I am terrified but hope it will be worth it in the end, had them since giving birth to my 2 youngest, can't take anymore, hope I'm doing the right thing.....
I had my anal tag removed about 4 weeks ago.  Pain wasn't the issue for me.  It is the small lump that appeared after the surgery.  I was told this is normal and will go away eventually.  But now it has been 4 weeks, it's still there!  It's about 1cm rounded thing.  It is bigger than the skin tag I had.  Did I do a right thing to remove it?  Doctor said this lump is from the local anesthesia (shots) so you won't feel the pain during the surgery.  If I've known that, I would've told him to use less?!  Can you share your story?  How long does it take to go away?
I had an apparently "small" (although it really didnt feel that way to me) anal skin tag removed two weeks ago and just thought I'd share my experience, as after reading alot of scary stories on this site I was almost put off going through with it.

I was reffered to my local hospital for the procedure and the whole thing was done under general anestetic so i'm not really sure how it exactly it was removed but I assume it was just cut off and cauterized. I know that I definately didnt have any stitches or anything.

Afterwards the whole area was really bruised for about a week but I dont really know how long it took for the wound to heal because I couldnt even see it! I think it must have been pretty small and was hidden away inside. There was a tiny bit of bleeding and drainage for the first couple of days but now its fine.

I expected to be in pain when i came round from the anestetic but it was never really painful at any point, not even with BMs, it just felt bruised.

I'm not entirely sure why i was put under general anestetic, it seems a bit extreme and i dont think i would recommed it as despite eating a diet of mainly veg and drinking gallons off water for a week before hand in preparation, my BMs were really hard and quite weird (seriously i never had anything like this before!) for a few days after the surgery and I think it was possibly the anestetic to blame (either that or may due to shock to the area? I really dont know!)

I think it's likely i may get new tags in the future but I'm extremely happy I had it done as I feel so much more confident!

I am an 18 year old kid and have recently developed skin tags. My doctor says they are not that bad and has prescribed a cream called protopical. It is uncomfortable but not unbearable. Sometimes it hurts so bad tho, like the other night, I couldn't even  go to sleep. I am hoping that over time the swelling will go down. I wish I could just get them removed, do u think removal would be a good idea?
I'm just wondering if I might have them or not. never really hurts when I poo only when I hold it in sometimes because I think I don't really have to that much. so I don't wanna sit on the toliet and like keep pushing to get something out 'cause I'm afraid it would just make me get them or make matters worse. Never see any blood in my poop or on the toliet paper. But a few times I noticed some redness on my poo and idk if that's blood or not. worries me a little bit. I noticed that when I took poo sometimes I feel a bump sticking out my anus it doesnt hurt and I look at it in the mirror real quick and it seemed to match my skin color and after it just disappears can someone tell me what that is? idk. I'm new to this site and I'm sorry if I'm posting so much and if it's not in the right area but idk I just googled medhelp hemrroids and this is was i found.
I had a "pinky nail sized"  skintag removed from my anus about four years ago.  The procedure was done at a hospital in an operating room where they removed it.  It took about two months for it to completely heal.  The pain and blood during the first BM after surgery was extremely painful.  After the site healed, my anus looked a lot better but not perfect.  After removing the one skin tag, it left behind a couple of small pieces of skin that have since grown.  When my husband and I firth had sex last year he asked me "do you have a scar on your butt or something?" I was pretty embarassed but I realize that if he loves me he will overlook it. Which he has...for women who are afraid to have sex because they don't want their partner to see their "imperfect butthole," CONFIDENCE can mask  imperfections. If you don't think it's a big deal, he probably won't think so either.  Embrace it..rub it...chances are he will too!!
I had a skin tag removed 5 days ago, I had the courage to look into the mirror to see how I'd look down there... I am horrified because it seems like the skin tag they were supposed to remove is still there, but now it's a big swollen puff ball double it's size!  I have been calling the doctor all day... this CANT be normal!  can it?  I feel like I'm worse off.
well i wish i had read this forum before i decided to have my anal tag removed! i also had an anal fissure but that didnt bother i just wanted the tag removed for cosmetic reasons and i woz embarrassed about it.
well after the surgery i had the most painful poo i have ever had in my life and i now have a new anal tag which hangs down from my anus and it twice as bad as the one i removed. in fact, the one i had probably wasnt that bad at all. i wish the surgeon would have informed me of the possible results of the operation. i have been back to him and he is advising me not to have this one removed as it will in turn cause more fissures and tags and of course he is telling me that it would have happened anyway which of course it wouldnt. i would advise anyone thinking of surgery to assess how bad they actually think their tags are. i woz embarrassed before and now im not sure i will be able to show my bum to a future partner. i will never have the perfect bum and ive now made it worse with my vanity. if it doesnt hurt perhaps its best to leave it alone
Please! if anyone knows of a Doctor in Toronto Canada whom is experienced and confident enough to remove my anal skin tag which looks like a califlower please refer to me. I cannot live like this any longer and will proceed to remove it myself if I can't get a professional to do it! It is unsightly, unhygenic, at times sore and swollen and needs constant cleaning. Doctors need to take this issue much more seriously...I'm at the end with it! So please send a good referal.

i got  a hemorrhoid when i was 13 years old it left a skin tag. it really bothered me and i was very self conscious of it it did not hurt it was just very hard to clean after a bm. i asked my doctor several times for help he said not to remove it that removing it would cause more problems, i didnt listen, i went to a colorectal surgeon who did a hemrriodectomy, worst pain ever! then the surgery caused an anal fissure which would not heal so i had surgery for that which caused two skin tags instead of my original one skin tag, two that are very irritating and even harder to keep clean. looking back (its been 2 years since first surgery) i wish i never even had surgery done in the first place i should have just left it alone but i guess i had to learn the hard way. now i went through surgeries and severe pain all to make my situation worse.just make sure you research the surgery and that the risks are worth it, i wouldnt want anyone to end up like me and go through all that an coem out worse then i went in
I just had internal rhoid removal using the staple method and had two anal skin tags removed last Friday. My anus looks horrible, it looks way worse than before I had the surgey. It looks like I have four or five hemorrhoids in the place of the skins tags. Has then happened to anyone and else and does it go away? I am beside myself. All of this pain for nothing.
Around October/November of '10 I seemed to get a hemorrhoid. After a few weeks of a high fiber low intake diet, the flaring seemed to die down, but it resulted in an anal skintag buried within the anus itself (not exposed). Whenever I went to the bathroom, there would always be a splotch of blood while cleaning myself, but only one small splotch. Nevertheless it was often followed by a very uncomfortable sensation between pain and itching. I went to my doctor, she sent me somewhere else, I was told what I had was an anal skin tag and I didn't HAVE to have it removed, but after nearly a year of it I couldn't stand it anymore.

I had the tag surgically removed 6 days ago, it was stitched up but I didn't get to talk to my doctor upon waking up from the anesthetic. There was some pretty bad pain when I moved or tried to add bacitracin (as recommended) to the wound. I can feel the stitches are still there, but the pain is MOSTLY gone. Thing is I can feel some pretty bad swelling in there now, which I don't know if that's supposed to be like that from the stitches or the healing process or, whatever it is.

Any possible idea as to when the stitches might fall out or dissolve, or if this swelling is normal?
Well I am in the uk and on my 6th day of recovery after having 3 skin tags removed. I think if I'd come on this forum beforehand I would never have had them done! The thought of the op creating more skin tags scare me to death. My doc gave me no advice before the op about how bad the pain would be and also no advice really on coming home from the hospital, just to take regular pain killers and keep an eye on any bad bleeding. I had a general aneasthetic to have mine removed as I also had banding on internal haemorroids. On the first day I felt a little sore and the second day after my first BM I was fine and even got up and about doing some housework. from this day forward I have never experienced pain like it. After having a BM its the worst pain ever on a scale of 1 - 10, i'd say 10! and I have had two children, one natural and one C section. It nearly makes me pass out and also makes me feel sick. I have to leave the bathroom and throw myself on the floor and pant through the pain which takes about ten minutes to subside. I thought this pain was due to the rubber banding until I read earlier posts on this forum explaining the same pain from the tag removal. Since then I had been taking regular Lactulose, lots of fluid and eating veg soup only. Still the same pain but hopefully will improve in the next couple of days :) There are very mixed results on here as to how long it takes to heal and feel better
.
Today I discovered that after a BM stay sat on the loo and have at the ready a sponge dipped in really warm water which you can then press on the area, this helps a little more than getting straight off the loo. It also helps to takes 2/3 bath/showers a day to keep the area clean and then dry with a hairdryer.
I haven't looked at the area yet as I'm too scared and don't want to send myself into complete panic. Think I'll leave it until it feels at least neary normal again.
I have no creams or bath salts as I'm unsure if any of it helps? any advice would be great.

On the down side, I would have really thought twice about the op if I knew it would be this painful, on the upside, hopefully I'll have no tags and have a normal bottom! :)
Here's to pain free, tag free butts :)
Has anyone had a skin tag thta changes into a hemroid? it seems that is my problem and it's is affecting my life really badly.
Wow - I'm really glad I didn't read this thread before my surgery or I probably would have had too much anxiety to go and get this taken care of!

I offer this post to those out there living with skin tags and fissures - GET IT TAKEN CARE OF!

The alternative is much worse. It saddens me to think of all the people who will end up living with a painful and embarrassing condition like this for the rest of their lives. It affects you psychologically, physically, and emotionally every single day. It doesn't need to be like this and I hope after you reading this you will have the balls to do something about it.

About 2 years ago I had a really bad hemmorhoid (I believe) that ended up creating a fissure and ultimately an unpleasant pea size 'skin tag'. I was horrified - and in denial about having to live with it. It was a year before I brought myself to have something done about it... a year of bleeding, painful bowel movements, uncomfortable chairs, sitting for long periods of time, and of course anxiety in sexual situations. I was extremely embarrassed when someone asked me about it and I had to explain that I in fact did NOT have anal warts!! LOL.

I saw my Doctor and got a referral to a colorectal clinic downtown. The doctor I saw was kind of a **** and pretty much openly accused me of being 'roughed up' down there by a sexual partner - I could tell he didn't believe me when I said that wasn't true - but whatever, I was there for a reason. He took a look and sent me home with a prescription for an ointment. I should never have settled for that! You shouldn't either an ointment isn't going to make a skin tag go away and rarely will it alone heal a fissure. I made another appointment a few months later for a nother procedure he had mentioned which was a lateral sphincterotomy. Basically they make a cut in your sphincter muscle (essentially another fissure!) to increase blood flow and loosen the muscle to promote healing of the original fissure.

I was nervous for this surgery and thought he would also remove the skin tag while he was at it. Nope. So I still had the skin tag on my mind at all times (pretty hard not to!) and of course the sphincterotomy ended up doing nothing but cause more pain and a LOT more blood. I felt strongly that the fissure and tag were related and had my last appointment Jan 9th 2011, a year from the first procedure and a year and 3 months since being given an ointment.

Fortunately the Doctor I had been seeing had a hip replacement and was suddenly only performing colonoscopy's. I felt a slight glimmer of hope when I heard this news and booked an appointment with a doctor the secretary recommended as another option. Sweet, maybe this one won't be such a jerk and we'll get this taken care of nice and quick.

Well, after I told him my problem I found myself once again in 'that position' with the doctor ready to remove the pest I had been carrying around for 2 years. I was so happy I barely felt the ***** of the freezing needle. I didn't feel him cut off the tag and only felt a little discomfort when it was being cauterized. I'm very glad it was cauterized instead of stitched up - I believe this greatly reduces the chance of infection in a place that is inherently difficult to keep clean.

So, today is day 6 since my surgery. Some blood when I went to the bathroom for the first time but not since then. The wound is still weeping so I'm either constantly changing a cotton ball or folded up piece of toilet paper. I shower after every time I go to the bathroom and keep the whole area clean and dry. It requires some extra effort to keep clean but trust me it is worth it. Pain does come and go but usually disappears after 'freshening up'. Cleaning the fissure is also part of recovering! I can't stress enough how important proper cleaning is - but do this without causing irritation... find a happy medium. It should hurt a little when you clean it but make sure you aren't causing additional damage.

Today (Day 6) I found the wound to be weeping half as much as the first few days and there is no swelling at all, just a little tenderness.Polysporin with pain-relief helps but try not to use it too much, the idea is to keep it dry when possible. I am so happy I finally have a normal bum again. I find myself walking down the street wanting to show people!!! If you are reading this and are suffering from skin tags from a fissure just GO GET IT TAKEN CARE OF! You do not have to live like this forever and have little to fear from the surgery AND A WHOLE SEX LIFE TO GAIN!!! WOOT!
Does you anus look normal now? I pretty much have the same problems, although i do have a lot of anal tags... after reading these posts i am petrified to even consider surgery, but i am so depressed i just want a normal bum again!!!! please let me know if you truly look normal down there...thanks...
i had an anal tag removed about 5 mths ago. It was a free (hooray for Australian health care system) day procedure performed under general anaestetic (sp?). I felt a little pain for the following 2 or 3 weeks but the pain killers they gave me helped ease it. I still get occasional bleeding (when I wipe) & soreness but am told at follow up checks this is not uncommon - being such a sensitive & often used site, the cut can take a while to heal properly. When I feel sore I smear on a little baby rash balm & pop an advil or neurofen. I recommend having tags removed
Hi, I had two skin tags removed 6 days ago after it hugely effected my self as teem in the bedroom. I've had 3 kids. All normal delivery but with 2 I heammoraged very badly and with 1 I ended up in intensive care so I thought this surgery would be a walk in the park & I'll be up and running by day 2...WRONG!! After surgery I was a bit uncomfortable but I expected that. I didnt expect to be bleeding as much as I do now as I did on day 1! Very sore and swollen and I mostly hav to lie down. BM very painful and I soak in a warm bath after and dry the area. I bleed through sanitary pads and my underpants..I was told by the doctor today that they also had to cut into the normal rectal area and that this takes longer to heal and will bleed longer. It looks better now the skin tags are gone, but it now looks like I've got piles!! I really hope this swelling will go down too but I will keep you posted if they will. My husband was never bothered about the skin tags..and if I knew all this I would have thought twice about the op. I wish I was informed better. No creams are adviced, warm baths in salt water and keep your stools soft by drinking plenty of water and taking fibre gel drinks. Tody I've been told not to lift or bend down, hoover and delegate the housework. Hope you heal up and I hope I won't be left with piles!
Just wondering what happened to you since your post, I just had hemmorid surgery and am left with skintags, so ugly.
My skin tag op recovery diary

When I was recovering from my anal skin tags removal operation I found so many comments about how awful their experience was that I got really scared. Now that I am fully recovered, I wanted to share my recovery diary to show that it is not always so bad. I had 3 tags removed.

Day 1-2: Mobile, only slightly sore
Appearance red and swollen

Day 3-6: Extremely painful, only comfortable lying down, bowel movements increasingly painful with bleeding
Appearance less red, less swollen, but still has appearance of large skin tags. So worried I rang GP, who says swelling is how the body heals and there are a lot of blood vessels in that area.
GP prescribed local anaesthetic gel & more antibiotics

Day 7: Suddenly a lot less painful! Can walk downstairs without wincing. Bowel movements still v sore but huge leap forward today.
Still feels hard not soft, total recovery a while off.

Day 8: First day without pain relief. Site seems a little pus-y but on secondary antibiotics so hopefully will get zapped. Several of the swellings gone down, only one large one left.

Day 13: Very itchy yesterday, better today. Only a little sore, more uncomfortable than painful One large swelling, open looking cut and 3 small swellings Looks much better but a long way from smooth Still some pus.

Day 19: finally looking smoother. Red open cut on one side and one small swelling remain Still some pus No more pain, occasional v slight discomfort

Day 28: Four weeks to the day and totally healed No more swelling or skin tags Hooray!  
Huge help thank you!!!! I'm on the same proces and now in the itching and some puss stage....(day 17) and still a bit weeping. Bowel movement a nightmare..so constipated and bleeding afterwards. (constipated is new to me because I suffer from Ulcerative collitis and take medication because I suffer 4 years from diarrhoea...I could REALLY do with that for once!!!!) Anyway....I hope I can say in 2 weeks I'm totally cleared up too. Many thanks!
So did your lump go away? How long did it take?
Does your bum look normal now? How big was your tag? I'm 6 weeks post op and have 2 lumps leftover ( had one skin tag the size of a tic tac) and am wondering if these will go down? The CRS said I'm delicate and may take a little while to shrink. Everyone seems to talk about the pain and not the end result of this surgery- like how the bum looks after!
I want to share my experience as well, since most of the posts are negative and people complaining about after suregery pain.

Not a lot of you shared your age, which i think is an important factor when it comes to recovery after surgery. I'm 24 and i had a fairly big skin tag, about 1cm big piece of skin. I didn't hurt, bleed or anyting. It was just not a pretty sight, and i had problems relxing during sex cuz i thought that the guys would find it disgusting. And also not very hygenic either..

So after a couple of years having the thing i decided to go to my family doctor, who sent me to a rectal surgeon for a check-up. She told me it's only a fairly big skin tag (no cancer or other stuff) and that my insurance would cover the surgery. She scheduled a surgery a month after the first check-up. I decided for a  local anesthetic, meaning injections directly into my bu*t. They told me to eat light food and a lot of fluid the week before surgery. The surgery itslef took about 15minutes. I don't remember which technique she used, but it was either laser or some kind of saw, because it souded like she is burning the skin tag of. She was definately not cutting it off. She also found a small internal hemi, which she removed as well. It didn't hurt, a bit unpleasant though. She didn't use stiches, she said it would heal nicer and no fissures would develop.

They kept me in the hospital for a couple of hours, i was feeling good, not in pain, just discomfort. They gave me prescription for pain killers, told me to eat light food, a lot of (fizzy mineral) water to keep the stool soft, and told me to go to the toilet regulary because it would be more and more difficult to poop if i became constipated. And the thing they told me to do a lot, which no one above wrote. ICE COMPRESSION!!!! Crush a couple of ice cubes, wrap it into a gauze, and put it between your butt cheeks. IT HELPS THE SWELLING GO DOWN --> THE PAIN GOES DOWN SUBSEQUENTLY. Ask you surgeon about this..

It has been a week after my surgery and i'm in no pain,  abit of discharge so i waer panty liner. When i feel i have to go to the toilet, it stings a bit, i take a pain killer, go to the bathroom, wash my as** hole with warm water and then cool it down with very cold water, and then put the ice compression on.

So far i am not sorry for having the surgey. I feel like a normal woman now, and most importantly sexy and confident.

I have an after surgery check-up in two days, i'll keep you posted.
ok, so a month after the surgery I feel great! still a bit of discharge, some stinging pain and a drop or two of blood if I become constipated. so i do evertything to keep my stool soft. i don't need pain killers or ice compressions anymore.
i still have an open wound about 1/2 cm big, but it is healing so nicely.. i looked at my bu*t today after two weeks and i almost cried, because it looks so good and i don't have the disgusting tag anymore. i'm really happy, i feel confident and normal.
Thank you for sharing your story!

I've developed a skin tag quite recently and it is large as you described yours. I told my Dr that I wanted it removed and she shrugged it off. I will be going back and telling her I DEFINITELY want it removed - its annoyed me to my limit already! I felt uncomfortable enough showing it to her, then to be told to live with it... I don't think so!!

Your story has made me feel brave enough to try. I am also now well informed that there are risks but I think I'll take my chances - I'm young and tough.

Thanks again and best of luck to you in the future! :)
Im having the procedure done tomorrow after postponing it 4 times and I'm petrified :(  I have a large skin tag (which looks like a tongue and is so embarrasing with internal & external hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) .... I'm not sure how they r going to do the procedure but since I have low pain tolerance I'm hoping they will somehow sedate me. Not sure why they r doing it at a clinic vs a hospital... I wish there was a support system to help those like myself through this...
I just had the surgery.  I went under anesthetic so I was asleep for the whole thing which took about 15 minutes.
Today is day 2 after the surgery. I had two skin tags and one is pretty much all gone and I am happy with and the other still seems to be there.  The first one was there and went down to nothing so I'm hoping this other one does the same. I'm not sure if it's fluid and will go away or what but if it doesn't I will be requesting to get it removed properly!
As for the recovery,  I am in no pain,  I haven't had to take any painkillers.  I struggle with constipation so I had an outrageous amount of fibre the 1st day which helped when I had a bm (no pain at all)  but I suffered extreme cramps,  worse then birth so don't OVER DO the fibre like me :)
Oh there's a little bit of drainage and a spot of blood but nothing really,  I wear a pad for that just to monitor it.
If the second tag goes away like the first (which I'm hopeful it does)  I'd highly recommend surgery.  Pain wise it doesn't hurt at all and as I said I'm happy to go back if the second one didn't work properly.
It also cost me nothing as I am on a pension card.
Hope this helps and if anyone knows if this second one will go down,  if it's just swelling or full of fluid or whatever please let me know because my followup appointment isn't for two weeks :(
Hi, I am looking at having a small skin tag removed but saw the CRS today who said she would not recommend it as I will likely get a skin tag the same size due to inflamation (inflammation) from the surgery. She said she would go ahead with it if I wanted but that only around 20% os people heal back to normal. Can you tell me if when yours finished healing it was smooth (like it's original state) or whether there was risidual skin tag/scar tissue? Thank you
Katie...

I had my anal tag removed 5 weeks ago and knock on wood, I can't be more  pleased. The complete recovery takes 3 to 6 months, because the location of  surgery. The first couple weeks after the surgery is difficult but not to bad. Must keep the stool soft so that you don't irritate it.

After surgery the area will look worst than before but don't be alarmed, it will get better day after day. So, I do recommend to do the surgery, but you have to be patient and follow the post surgery steps.

I hope this helps.
I have had skin tags removed a week ago , and I had been told how painful it was to have a BM I wouldn't of had it done , and never again will I . Worst pain ever and no after care , plus now trying to heal infection :( misserable want to get back to my old self , supposed to go back to work in a days time no chance have to get in bath after every BM pain releaf Arrrrrr
I have been seen for internal and external hemorrhoid a and have spoken to at least 5 doctors about them. No help! I had one so painful and thrombosed that I ended up having to lance it myself!!! Can you believe that? No doctor would help me and I had excellent healthcare at the time!  Now I still have a huge external anal skin tag. It's always there, sometimes swells like a heme rood and it makes it very hard to keep clean down there. This sounds awful but sometimes I even shart!!! Still no one will help me!!  I'm Furious!  My dad called up and had his hemorrhoid taken care of the next day. Why won't they help me????? I feel like finding some injectable lidocaine and doing the damn procedure myself. Heck I successfully got rid of the last one! Damn doctors!!!! I'd like to have a nice clean, round ******* for once!!
Hi, your doctor sounds a disgrace and i recommend you seek a second opinion from someone else. I had three skin tags and they bothered me hugely physically and mentally. Having ulcerative colitis doesn't help  the situation either. They all developed after childbirth of three children. No hesitation of my surgeon he removed whatever he could under general anaesthetic. I was out of hospital after 12 hours and then the pain started. The first bowel movement was like giving birth again. No wiping but shower heads. No sitting down. The pain was awful and the healing took me a good 4 weeks. This was done 2 years ago and I still think it was the eat things I've done. I still have a tiny tag...but it's so much better then what it was and I feel "normal" again!!! When things effect you emotionally and stop you from the person you would like to be I would always recommend to follow your heart and do something about it. The pain in my case was all worth it! Tine
I just had my surgery yesterday and had three skin tags removed. My surgeon put me to sleep and it took 20 min and he cut them off no stitches. He does not recommend stitches. I got pain meds and came home but had no pain at all. I took off the bandage and was so happy with the results already. The skin tags all gone no swelling that night I did have some pain because I could not take the pain meds they made me sick. Just put ice on it and today just payed in bed not much pain at all. So far it's been a great experience. I read all the horror stories and almost didn't do it but so happy I did!!
Hi, five days ago I had two skin tags removed from my anal area. The pain hasn't been bad at all, I didn't even take any of the prescribed painkillers. After a bowel movement on the third day, the stitches on one of them appear to have come undone/loosed considerably. Upon a closer look, when spreading the area it looks like a slit, almost like a fissure except it's completely on the outside. When left alone the skin is a least close together even without the stitches. It doesn't bleed much, just a bit spotty after bowel movements, which have been gradually getting easier/less painful as I heal. It does sting considerably though.

I've been applying bacitracin, eating fiber, drinking water and taking sitz baths, which seem to help. I am extremely worried, however, that the area won't heal properly. Since it looks like a fissure, I'm worried that another skin tag will form in place of the wound, which would defeat the whole purpose of the surgery in the first place.

For those who've gone through with this, will this heal properly as it is?
I had to call a collerectal surgeon and skipped the referal part. the receptiinist at their office allowed that . She just entered my primary doctors name into my file. i had been getting ignored by doctors for years but when collerectal  doctor saw it he said i had big hemroids with fissures and needed surgery. Big difference right? Let the doctor know you need a referal how bad and how management is not working.or just skip the middle man.
Hey just though I would add in my experience. I had 3 tags about the size of tick tacs,I hated them they had to go, so I went to see a "specialist" who said he would not remove them because they would come back worse and more of them, i was gutted and 360 out of pocket, I gave it a few weeks and started reading threads like this with horror stories about it being a complete mess but these were from people who literally just had it done and i found hardly any follow ups for the end results so.............

I went to a clinic which was a cosmetic surgery clinic the lady was so nice she explained that she had not done so much of the sugary but had only 1 case of them coming back after a yr, she told me about the pain and recovery time, she explained it would be months for it to get right.

The day of surgery was ok the needle was painful but after they it was ok she cut them off and showed me them because she told me that it would look horrific and look like she hadn't cut them off so there they were cut off. The next few days were ok nothing to bad definite discomfort when using the toilet but ok, now after 3 or 4 days IT HURT LIKE HELL seriously I had to leave work it was so bad that I rand her and she told me that this was normal, I had about 1 maybe 2 weeks of pretty bad pain but all this time I could see it getting better, after this was just straight up healing, after 1 month i was so happy with the results that it could have just stayed like that, after 2 months its just like a scar sort of look, its now 4 months and it almost looks like a perfect hole haha, I'm guessing it won't truly be perfect but I'm so glad I did this.

it cost $1300 and she used a laser, I would not advise the tie off as it seems the worst method from what I have read.
Viewing 201-301 comments: