precancer after shave biopsy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

precancer after shave biopsy

Hello doctor!  I recently had a normal looking mole shaved off the upper part of my nose.  The dermatologist was sure it was benign, but sent it off anyway as is their policy.  The nurse called to tell me the results came back precancerous, but that the doctor thought they had gotten most of it and suggests that we just wait and watch it.  If it grows back we will do more.  I am a little worried about having precancerous cells still in the skin.  My doctor had said that shaving the mole would leave a lot of cells behind and that the mole could grow back (as has actually happened to this particular mole before).  Do you think it is safe to just wait and watch the mole, or would you recommend a complete excision on a precancerous mole?  I know the nose is not the best place to be having lots of tissue cut out.  They didn't say what type of cells or the severity level of the cells that were seen.

Thanks for your time and help,
TC
Oops!  Thought I was posting on the ask a doctor section, but I see that costs $$$.  Maybe someone has been in the same boat and can give me some insight or opinions.

Thanks,

TC
Just an update.  What I guess is scar tissue has formed at the site.  It is a raised, red area more than twice the size of my original mole.  I am not sure if this is normal or not.