prickly lips and other spots, burning sensation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have no idea why  during the past month I started getting prickly sensation around my face and body. the first time I was red in the chest and splotchy red all over my body. My face felt like I had a hard "shell layer" . It wasn't the kind of itching you want to scratch. Later I wanted to just rub my whole face all over really hard to make it go away. It took days to go away. I finally went to the E.R. I was so scared ! (I'm asthmatic) He didn't know what to do but gave me some  RX and benadryl which never helped.I went to an allergist who said to stop my shots, and keep taking the Benadryl, bla h blah blah... nothing has helped.  It just took days to go away. Now for no reason I can figure it comes and goes, but seems isolated to my face area. HELP  anyone????.

This discussion is related to Burning lips, better but, still problems.
Tags: lips
These symptoms can be due to contact dermatitis or allergic reaction. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort) .But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Also use good quality moisturizers to keep the skin moisturized.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.