prickly skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

prickly skin

I am a generally healthy 38 year old female and I have had an assortment of stragne pains for over 6 weeks.
At first it was tingling across my mid back that would come and go. Then I got pain in my chest and armpit, and down my arm. I got checked at the hospital and they ruled out heart trouble.
The pain continued but went up and down in intensity.  Sometimes I just feel a dull heavy feeling in my left breast, and other times it is sharp pain.  Over the past few days I have experienced a hot prickly feeling in both breasts (similar to when I was breast-feeding and "full")  and a prickly hot feeling across my back. I had a chest x-ray and breast ultrasound-- nothing.
Both my own doctor and the doctor at the hospital had asked if I have any rash-- which I do not. I have one "spot" on my left shoulder, but to me it lookes like a pimple and it was not ever tichy.  So-- could it possible be shingles without the rash?  Is there a way to determine if that is the cause of my pains? (I read that they need to analyze the rash to diagnose shingles)  If it could be shingles, I don't want to let it go on much longer without proper treatment.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have had a tingly feeling in my lips for a while now too.  It also comes and goes.  I thought it was an allergic reaction to something I'd eaten, but perhaps it is related to all my other symptoms?
hi also getting prickly burning pains all over back and stomac sick of being told its anxeity
its driving me mad
I too started having the exact same symptoms as you 2 weeks ago, the first week it started as a tickly feeling in my shoulder when i came in from shopping in town, it was very cold outside and put it down to that because i get itchy feelings on my legs when coming in from cold weather into warm, only this time it started burning all over my back, then breasts, and it was like hot pins and tingling, then it started itching. I put up with this for a week, then it vanished, i was so pleased i didnt have to go to my doctor as everything i get lately is put down to anxeity and depression, my clothes are irritating my skin and wearing a bra is agony. After a week its now back :(
hi have you been to docs yet.
r are u sick off been told its nothing?
i have  another appointment on feb 12 .had a nothe off feeling this pain its constant and driving me mad also getting bad stomac pains just below ribs.
r u having any pain?
about 3-4 weeks ago i started having an irritated skin feeling on my back where my bra rubs so i thought it was that but now its come across to my breast on that side and i have the prickly feeling almost like numbness or sunburn at times on my right thigh and the muscle hurts so i kinda have a limp, my l forearm to my ring finger and i think its starting on my l thigh and somtimes i think i feel it on my face. im worried. the doctor said its not diabetic neuropathy, shingles, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome etc... i think he thinks im nuts. im scared tho as its something and i just dont feel good. i feel tired too. its spreading and when my clothes rub on my skin its very uncomfortable. any help would be appreciated!!!