Dermatology Community
problems w/ genitals, arms, legs, hands and mouth
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

problems w/ genitals, arms, legs, hands and mouth

I have an unusual problem. About 5 months ago my scrotum had developed light, flat, itchy patches about 2mm in diameter on average. The doctor suspected folliculitis. He was apparently wrong.

Then I began to notice about a month later a red/brown discoloration in my penis. The glans (glands) by majority is darker than usual and has a few flat circular outlined areas about 2 mm in diameter. The ridge next where my foreskin would be (circumsized) is a bit thicker than usual, and I have a few very small pimple looking bumps on my shaft.

Then I noticed some small flesh (some look like what is on my shaft) and red colored spots on my arms, back of hands and palms as well as a rash on my knee with a cluster of bumps.

Now of all things, I have a cluster of white flat areas on my tongue that aren't hard in texture but sometimes feel like I burned my mouth.

I have tried a million things. Including Hydrocortisone which seemed to help but then made no changes other than now my scrotum hardly ever itches but still has a few spots. I stopped scratching anything on my body which also helped with the scrotum situation, and now have been putting lotion on twice a day, which seemed to be helping with the glans (glands)...but is no longer working and I now have the other bumps on my arms and hands.

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, but am not convinced he will give me a proper diagnosis seeing as though I have no breaks or warts which would be more common for an std. Lichen Planus is the only thing I think looks similar to my problem, but is pretty unusual.

I am 22, smoke, drink and had not been sexually active for about 4 months before this development. What could this be?