propecia and eating

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

propecia and eating

I have been taking propecia for about a year. for the first 6 months it worked wonders, but it has stopped working recently, though I continue to take it. Can this happen? Is there anything i am doing wrong? should i take it in morning/night or with or without food?

This discussion is related to Time of day to take Propecia .
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Propecia or finasteride  prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. It is used as a treatment in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in low doses, and prostate cancer in higher doses. It is used for the treatment of male pattern hair loss on the vertex and the anterior mid-scalp area. It is for use by men only and should not be used by women or children

Propecia may be administered with or without meals once a day. Daily use for three months or more is necessary before benefit is usually observed. Continued use is recommended to sustain benefit, which should be re-evaluated periodically. Withdrawal of treatment, however, leads to reversal of effect within 12 months. Discuss this with your doctor for proper management.

Take care and regards.