Dermatology Expert Forum
pubic blood blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

pubic blood blisters

I started getting small blood blisters above my penis where the pubic hair is. I thought it would go away but now after 2 weeks there are maybe 30-50 small blisters which appear to have whiteheads like acne, but only blood excreates when i pop them.  One actually formed on the shaft.  Now that its 2 weeks later since they started, one has formed above my belly button and 2 more on the thigh of my leg. I fear that they are spreading rather than going away as I originally thought would happen.  Like i said only blood comes out of them and they stay unless i pop them. By this i mean that the same ones from 3 weeks ago are still here as i only tried popping a few. When i do break one, a considerable amount of blood is released despite their small size of only maybe 1mm in diameter at most.  They dont itch and are not irratating in any way. No hair follicles come out of any either. I'd like to know if this can be medically treated, if it can be diagnosed, and if it is common or perhaps urgent for me to get looked at. Thank You. I'm only 18 years old too if that means anything.
I really don't know what these are.  You ought to leave them alone so as not to confuse the issue and show them to a doctor.  I suspect that squeezing them is making the redness last longer.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I do not have money, someone please respond!i really need some answers or words of knowledge. Here is a little brief history: Around the end of August or beginning of september I had unprotected sex with a guy for about 20 minutes ( one time) and then about 2 weeks later (september 15) I had sex again with a new partner ( my current boyfriend), also unprotected, I know very stupid of me. Around the last days of October, I developed a very big painful rash in between my buttocks and vaginal lips. I tought at that time that it was irritation from a maxi pad. About a week and a half later the rash started healing, but soon after I developed a smaller rash in the two sides of my vaginal opening, with red painful bumps. I also got this open tear (like a paper cut) right in the area between the vaginal opening and the anal opening. Must i add that this was the same area that I got teared when I had sex before from lack of lubrication. Up to this day, I still have this rash. It goes away for about 2-3 days and then apprears again, also with the tear. I went to planned parenthood about 2 weeks ago and tested for HSV 1 and 2 and for yeast infection. This last Friday, they called me back and informed me that I was HSV 2 negative, but HSV 1 positive. She made it seem like no big deal, and told me it was nothing to worry about. The yeast test also came back negative. my doubts are that I still have this damn rash and I do not know what is, it really is ruining me, i have not had sex since then because I am afraid. I was wondering if it might have been too early to take the testand if anybody knows anything about what might be causing this rash. I called the herpes hotline and they said that 2 months is too long for a herpes outbreak. I am very scared and confused and depressed because I do not know where to turn. I have no health insurance, and do not what to do. If anyone has ever been through this or has any information, please help a desperate girl out. I also add that I am diabetic type 1, dont know if this might have anything to do with this.Also, is there any other condition that might include these symptoms.Thank you so much reading all this and wish me the best of luck. God Bless!!
Maybe????

Inverse psoriasis
This form is also called skin-fold, flexural, or genital psoriasis, because smooth, red, dry patches often occur in the folds of the skin (known as flexures). Inverse psoriasis may concentrate in the genital area, as well as under the breasts and in the armpits, and is more common in people who are overweight. It is characterized by increased sensitivity to friction and sweating. The affected skin can cause great discomfort, and this can make sexual relations difficult.

Dear Itchyone,

I appreciate your interest, but telling someone that "small blood blisters above my penis" could be inverse psoriasis reveals a basic lack of familiarity with skin conditions and is not helpful.

Dr. Rockoff
Sorry the comment was directed to gissy21
A lot of people have this condition anal itch

http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/dermatology/messages/31106.html

http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/dermatology/messages/33273.html

http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/dermatology/messages/33563.html

and this
http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/dermatology/messages/33601.html

I also have this condition too. It is why I have lurked around here for a long time. I have had it for several years. If you don't have it you can't even fathom how annoying having it is. IT SUCKS. Nothing helps. The only relief I get is from a pill called atarax and zeazorb powder.

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/ata1035.htm

I have come to terms with the fact this will never go away. :(
Today I found the exact symptoms on my thighs as disheveledone's post of 01/02/06.  The exact same.  Have you been able to diagnos as to what they maybe since the last post?  Is it possible to put me in contact w/ disheveledone so that we might exchange information as we continue to uncover what this might be?  Thanks so much.