purpura

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

purpura

For the past 3 months I have had purpuric dermatitis pretty much all over my whole body except for my neck, face and hands.  It does not itch.  It is not scaley or raised. I went to a dermatologist and had a biopsy-inconclusive.  I had blood work-everything looked normal.  I was prescribed Lidex.  Liberal application made the purpura fade and practically disappear.  Then it suddenly reappeared when I stopped applying the Lidex.  I also have diabetes and I am under extreme stress from work and family situations.  I have researched everything from nonhodgkins lymphoma to lupus!  Should I be worried?  Any suggestions?
Tags: lidex
Purpura is defined as superficial hemorrhage into the skin, up to 1 cm in diameter. Lidex is a steroid preparation which helps in itching and inflammation of various skin conditions. You said on stopping of Lidex application, you found re-appearance of purpura.
It suggests that the etiology for purpura is not defined. You need to seek etiology of purpura with help of Dermatologist and Hematologist and decide regarding further management.
I think you need to be on steroid application for long, to effectively curb the inflammatory process in your skin.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers