pus filled bumps on foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pus filled bumps on foot

5943245?1279832289
For the past few years I have had recurring pus filled bumps on my foot that typically last a couple of weeks then scab over brown and peel. It itches right before the bumps form then causes no other sensations. Ive noticed it happens mainly in the spring and  always in the summer. If I peel the bumps before theyve healed I notice many small holes it can be up to 6 or 8. These bumps appear under either side of my ankle near the heel/sole of my feet on the sides and usually form in groups of around 4 or 5 then just go away and re appear in different areas on my foot usually on the sole. My guy gets grossed out by them, its really embarassing and makes me feel bad about my self.. any advice? Im a 21 y/o female, I noticed these bumps when I was pregnant a few years ago and they have come up again and again since then. When I google pictures of dyshidrotic eczema that is how my foot looks only less severe.
Tags: Foot, pus, bumps, itch
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx is one of the possibilities for such symptoms. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons. But some triggers like allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, foods, latex, nickel etc may trigger the symptoms. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you very much