puss filled blisters on hands
In 1994 I was having chronic severe bladder/kidney infections, Dec of that year one had progressed to the point of needing to be hospitalized for three weeks, during that stay I developed puss filled blisters on the palm and fingers of my hands and the bottom of my feet. i had 7 Dr's trying to find out what it was including an infectious disease specialist, my liver also came very close to shutting down. Since this time when I am ill, with the flu or anything more than a cold I will develop 3 to 6 of these extremely painful puss filled "blisters" on my fingers, usually the side of my thumb, they are whitish, yellow in color and are thick and hard, when I insert a needle, thick puss comes out. they last about two weeks and then leave a scar then they will return the next time I am sick. When I have blood work done my liver comes up with enzyme issues that at first my dr thinks could be hepatitis, when doing further specific test it comes back that I do not I just have either elevated or low I can't remember I think elevated liver enzymes. Still no answer for these painful blisters. I was hoping after all these years perhaps there would be new information available about these

Three possibilities are there for this kind of lump. First possibility is of herpetic whitlow.It is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails. Herpetic whitlow is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

Second possibility is of myxoid cyst.It is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.

Thirdly(though less likely),it can be a sebaceous cyst.It is a closed sac that is filledwith a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.Unfortunately I cannot confirm anything without examination.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Thank you for your insights and advice. The infectious disease specialist tested for every kind of the herpes virus. The site feels sore for about a day and then the blister turns up usually one or two in the same location and is very painful, then goes away after about 4 days and leaves a tiny scar, they are about the size of a pencil eraser and never uniform in size. My problem going to a dermatologist is that I have nothing and then it shows up and I haven't been able to get in quickly enough for them to see the actual blister. I will keep trying though - thank you so very much for your help, time and caring.
Did you ever find out hat was causing the blisters on your hands and feet??