Dermatology Community
question about cyst on my face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

question about cyst on my face

I have had a cyst on my right cheek for as long as I can remember. It has been an on and off process of trying to get rid of it. I went to the dermatologist today. He said the cyst has become a mole and it needs surgery to remove it. I suggested the shot to see if it will work, but he insisted on the surgery. Can a cyst become a mole?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Since you have had the cyst on the face, to have minimal scarring of the area, we can follow minimally invasive procedure of surgical excision. The advantage of surgical excision is that the cyst is treated in one session.
In another method, Carbon dioxide laser is used to make small hole and cystic contents are gently squeezed out. Care is taken to keep the wall intact and then the cyst wall is taken out.

You can discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...