question for any doctor or veteran
Hello everyone,

Just had a question.. I recently experienced a bout of fungal infections/cold sore breakouts on my lips which caused swelling, blistering, and scaling. More pronounced though on the bottom lip. These infections have since passed but it seems now like my bottom lip is maintaining a slightly more swollen and saggy look to it. It has seemed to have lost its base structure and elasticity. The top lip also seems to have lost a bit of structure. These minor changes are having a drastic appearance on my face and Im wondering if there is anyone who has heard of anything like this happening before and if there are any creams/lotions or procedures out there to regain lip tone/structure/firmness and elasticity? Thanks!
bumping this in hopes of any advice
It looks like the loss of elasticity of lips can be due to the effect of cold sores causing scarring. In such cases dermal fillers are useful. However filler injections may cause the cold sores to break out again. In these cases, it is recommended that you take an anti-herpes medicine before treatment to help reduce the likelihood of an outbreak of cold sores.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the answer.

It is not that my lip has lost fullness it is more like it has lost its firmness/structure/definition and seems to sag and droop now. So the lip appears to be bigger/saggier now as it doesnt seem as tight and tucked in as before. Kind of difficult to describe.

I will see a dermatologist but due to my government supplied insurance Im sure the quality of expertise wont be that good.

Do you know of any lip products to tighten the lip back up and bring back firmness/definition?
There is no cream as such which can restore tightness of lips. It is by dermal fillers or reconstructive plastic surgery. For this you need to consult a plastic surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.