raise white spots on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

raise white spots on skin

I have these small raised white patches on my skin that do not hurt. I first noticed them on my legs about 10 years ago but now they are almost everywhere my skin has that been exposed to the sun but mainly on my legs. They are like raised white dry patches (not clustered together but scattered) and you cant scratch them off because if you do they will bleed and come right back...plus it kinda hurts to try and pick them off. They are just very annoying because you can feel them and if you look real close you can also see them. Im not sure what it is, but if anyone may have an idea I would appreciate the info. I'm not sure if this will help but I also have type 2 diabetes, though I dont believe that has caused these things. I just know that it seems I keep getting more and more of them every year. They are not on my face..just my legs, arms and hands. Any ideas what this might be????
Apart from vitiligo, it can be idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis. It is 2 to 5-mm flat white spots found on the shins and forearms. It can be due to sun damage or ageing (aging). Treatment options include protection from the sun, cryotherapy, dermabrasion or microdermabrasion, tretinoin cream or pinch grafts of normal pigmented skin. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.