raised or pin point red dots on arms, chest area and torso...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

These spots dont hurt, but some are quite raised like "moles".  My doctor said they are "liver spots"..and not to
worry about them.  Have any of you ever tried that "skin tag removal" stuff on any of them???? Pls let me know.  I started seeing them in my 20's and am now in late 40's.  I dont wear any scoop neck tops or want to wear a tankini where any of my abs might show.  Please let me know...also...I am not overweight and only weigh about 137....help pls

This discussion is related to tiny red spots.

Liver spots or lentigines, are harmless, flat, brown discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people older than 40 years of age. They are caused by the skin being exposed to the sun over many years and are a sigh of sun damage. The only way to prevent age spots is to use liberal amounts of sunscreen before the age of forty, avoid the sun, and wear protective clothing. The newest treatment for age spots is an alpha hydroxy acid gel or beta hydroxy acid gel.  Retin-A cream, alpha hydroxyacid peels, and liquid nitrogen therapy are other options.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.