Dermatology Community
raised red itchy welt looking bumps driving me insane!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

raised red itchy welt looking bumps driving me insane!

6048483?1282287054
i went to a bbq sat aug 14th to a friends birthday, i was covered wearing a tanktop a light sweater and a scarf around my neck, jeans n what not. i came home and realized i was slightly itchy on my stomach and as i looked i saw 2 dime - nickel sized red some what Raised bumps on my stomach, i applied some hydrocortizone cream for almost 3 days straight and it went away..and then weds night i developed a very similar rash but a bit more raised on my right ankle near the joint and its been itching extremely, i try very hard not to scratch it but after i did it became veryyyy red like blood red...i went to the pharmacy at 1:30 and he prescribed for now that i use the extra strength itch relief cream topical analgesic with 2% active ingredient diphenhydramine hydrochloride. do u recommend to see a dermatologist or get blood tests or biopsy done or anything??? its weird how i just got it randomly out of nowhere.. its driving me insane pleaseee reply to this someoneee help me !!!!
Related Discussions
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I came back from my honeymoon on the 13th August. Ever s...[more]
  • Itchy bumps (1 replies):
    Hi, I have begun itching a lot. The more I itch in cert...[more]
  • red itchy bumps (1 replies):
    i have red itchy bumps all over the top of my thighs. ho...[more]
  • me too (1 replies):
    these bumps are all over my back and they itch like craz...[more]
  • when to see the doctor (1 replies):
    My daughter has three separate patches of raised red bum...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be seborrheic keratosis.

http://www.dermnet.com/Seborrheic-Keratosis-Irritated
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it can be allergic reaction, contact dermatitis, viral infections, heat rash, scabies  or sweat dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get these possibilities evaluated. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank