random infections under skin creates pockets of green puss

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

im not sure what it is or how i get it but it will start out as a red bump almost like a deep pimple that you cant pop. then it gets bigget under the skin and swells up i curently have this happining on my face jaw line. but iv had it before on my sholder and side of face. i got all the green thick stuff out of the last ones but i want to know what it is. or if i can get it treated
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This definitely sounds like a bacterial infection. Folliculitis, tinea barbae of the folliculitis type and dermatitis may be differentials here. The way you described it however, suggests that an infection has set in. You may need oral antibiotics for this. Culture of the discharge will be able to guide medical treatment. At this point, may I ask if you usually shave the area or if you have an underlying disease condition which requires prolonged use of steroids eg asthma?
The symptoms you describe are similar to what I have had many times. Infection disease Dr told me it was Merca. A strain of staff, 1st symptom is a itch, then a small pimple, by the 3rd day a large red skim area, very sensitive to touch-don’t try to bust it it only will get worst, on day 6-7 a greenish yellowish puss that drains for 2-3 days. I normally use poraxide to keep it clean and then bandage it until heals. I have one now that in its draining stage. I heard Nutragena T-Gel shampoo can be used during the early days when you start to feel it coming on. The first one was on my arm, had 6-8 on my face area which is the most common. I had one come near my eye brown area and swelled my eye shut for a week until it drain and relieved the pressure. Good Luck asks your Dr to treat you withVancomycin.
Hey Vanessa I have the same problem as the person who started this thread

I have asthma and i use Ventolin which is a steroid.

what does the steroid do that causes the problem?
how can i still use Ventolin and avoid this

thanks for all of your help