random itchy red bumps?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

random itchy red bumps?

i dont know what these could be. ive never had this problem before but it started around the end of august. ill get these random red itchy bumps. its always just one in a random spot but then a day later ill get another one somewhere else. theyre not like pimples or bug bites. it like the whole area of skin will itch and turn red and puffy and a bump will form. it never turns into a pimple or breaks or anything it just form into a little red bump. they are only really red fro a day but it takes them along time to fade away. i thought maybe it was eczema but its not a rash or series of bumps and it never scabs or anything. ive used different soaps and laundry detergent and eating different things to see if maybe it a reaction to something but nothing seems to be the culprit. they come in random places one at a time (ive had one on my forehead, one on my finger several times, some on my arms several times, one on my knee, and one on my chest) and are very itchy in the beginning. any idea what it could be?
Hi.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. Wash all your clothes and linen etc in savlon, chlorhexidine solution and sun - dry them preferably.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.

How big are they? I've been having the same problem with pinprick size bumps - so small I wouldn't notice them if not for the pain. Since they appear so randomly, my guess is I'm getting bit by some tiny insect that isn't present in large numbers