Dermatology Community
random itchy skin diff areas daily lasts about 1/2 hour
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

random itchy skin diff areas daily lasts about 1/2 hour

5262460?1263357957
44 year old male, live in dry arizona,  never had skin problems before,  all of the sudden the past 3 months or so ill feel itch, random places, some times my back, or legs, or arm, scalp... never 2 places at the same time.. looks normal until i scratch it, then i get these welts, and redness, its terrible, last for only about 30 mins or so, once i stop scratching it all goes away.. but will come back again on random days.  mostly at night,  not scabbies, im certain of that... if there were eggs it would not go away in a short time..  if i scrach my lower back when its itchy it looks like picture attached, but soon after i stopped scratching it went away...
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
What you seem to be having is hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
Take some antihistaminics. You can use Benadryl at night as it causes drowsiness and other non sedating antihistaminics like Claritin and Zyrtec . Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine. If the symptoms persist, then you can consult an immunologist. He may start with immunosuppressive drugs.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank