Dermatology Community
rapid growing spot on arm
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rapid growing spot on arm

A week ago today I had a spot on my forearm that looked like a pimple.  7 days later it now looks like a mole, but not round like a mole.  It's approx 3 mm in size.  I have always heard that a mole that is cancerous is dark in color.  This one is light red in color. I have also never heard of a mole growing this rapidly.   I cannot get into a dermatoligist for 6 wk.  I am concerned that at the rate it is growing it may be something of greater concern.  Am I just parinoid or should I continue to try to find a doctor that can get me in sooner?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Moles are growths on the skin that are usually brown or black. Moles occur when cells in the skin grow in a cluster instead of being spread throughout the skin. These cells are called melanocytes, and they make the pigment that gives skin its natural color.

Melanoma has an irregular border,asymmetrical,uneven color and increasing in size.Since you have noticed changes in the mole's color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have moles checked if they bleed, ooze, itch, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Chances of a melanoma are high in that case.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...